CHAPTER 118 Building Strength

The darkness of the Slytherin dorm room was pierced by a sudden intrusion, as a soft voice whispered through the shadows.

"Emma, child, wake up," Severus Snape's deep, measured tone echoed in the room.

The young Slytherin stirred beneath her emerald-green bed curtains, disoriented by the abrupt awakening.

Emma slowly opened her eyes, squinting against the dim light that filtered into the room. The tall, black-clad figure of Severus loomed over her bed, his dark eyes scrutinizing her.

"What's going on?" she mumbled, pushing her tousled raven hair out of her face.

"No time for questions," Snape replied briskly. "Get dressed quickly and meet me in Dumbledore's office. There's something important you need to know."

His usually stoic expression betrayed a sense of urgency as he turned away, leaving Emma to gather her wits.

Confused but trusting Snape's unusual urgency, Emma hurriedly threw on her Slytherin robes and strapped her wand to her side.

The cool stone floor beneath her bare feet sent a shiver up her spine as she followed Snape through the shadowy corridors of Hogwarts.

Silent footsteps echoed through the castle, and Emma couldn't shake the feeling that something significant was about to unfold.

As they ascended the moving staircase to Dumbledore's office, Snape remained silent, deep in thought.

The entrance to the Headmaster's office appeared, guarded by the stone gargoyle. Snape uttered the password, and the spiral staircase revealed itself.

Emma followed her godfather up the stairs, anxiety gnawing at her.

Upon reaching the door, Snape knocked sharply. The door swung open, revealing the whimsically cluttered office of Albus Dumbledore.

The wise old wizard looked up from his desk, his eyes twinkling with a mix of concern and determination.

"Ah, Miss Potter, I'm glad you could join us," Dumbledore greeted her, gesturing for her to take a seat.

Dumbledore rose from his ornate chair, his long white beard flowing like a river of wisdom. "My apologies for the abrupt summons, my dear. However, it's best that we discuss this before the castle stirs awake."

Emma nodded, her mind racing with questions. Snape stood stoically nearby, observing the unfolding conversation.

Dumbledore fixed his gaze on Emma, his eyes searching hers for understanding. "Do you remember the name Isador Rockwood?" he inquired, his voice taking on a solemn tone.

Emma furrowed her brow in thought before nodding. "Yes, I do. He was a hybrid, wasn't he? I saw glimpses of his past in the Crystal Caves once."

Dumbledore's expression deepened, acknowledging her recollection. "Indeed, Isador Rockwood was a complex figure with a unique heritage. But there's something I must confess, Emma," he said, his eyes conveying a mix of regret and necessity.

She leaned forward, sensing the gravity of Dumbledore's words. "What is it, Professor?"

"I once told you that Isador Rockwood was dead," Dumbledore admitted, his voice carrying a weight of truth. "But that, my dear, is not entirely accurate."

Emma's eyes widened in surprise. "Not dead? But why would you—"

"Isador Rockwood is alive," Dumbledore interrupted, his tone grave.

Dumbledore's admission left Emma with a sense of intrigue and confusion.

"Isador Rockwood is alive?" she repeated, her mind grappling with the implications. "But why keep it a secret, Professor?"