DomiSotto

I am an introvert and a voracious reader, who also loves writing and started posting on Wattpad in 2018.
In 2020, I won a Watty for my book Winners Don't Have Bad Days, and four of my stories short-listed in 2021 and 2022.
Writing for me is a social thing, a way to connect, to be heard and belong. Wattpad is my happy place, because the stories here are really close to what people genuinely feel. I'm never alone with my thoughts on Wattpad.
My fav books are escapist adventures with a hefty dose of romance (or other strong relationship, parent-child or siblings or friendship). It doesn't matter if they happen in real-world or there is a speculative element.
I love competition and rivalry element, strong emotions and satisfying endings (happy or not). Beach reads, I guess. At different times I enjoyed works by E. Peterson, G.R.R. Martin, J. Abercrombie, J. Evanovich and D. Brown.
I'm a cat lover, a working mother of a neuro-diverse teen and a wife, a figure-skating fan and a gardener. I watch Rookie, CSI: Vegas, FBI: International, Young Sheldon, Abbot Elementary and random shows about archaeology, pop-science, food and travel. I play Assassins' Creed, BioWARE and Spiders' video-games once in a while.

For the Book club, Domi has submitted her story, Champion in Love (bxb)

The former Champion of Champions gladiator seizes the chance to forge the next champion of the arena, but when his bull-headed student and would-be-lover proves to be a hardcore enemy of the Empire, he must decide what to fight for

Things to look for when reviewing her story: Is the story gripping and does the setting detract from it with either infodumps or being far too convoluted/unclear. Suggestions where you need settings' pointers and feel lost without it. Any suggestions for shortening lore infusions. Anything that makes you backtrack when you are reading at a reasonable pace.
Do you feel that the story could be easier to get into if it was sat in indeterminate Roman times on Earth, with losing the speculative element that highlights the theme.
What genre do you think the story should lean stronger towards than it does now?

MATURE: Yes