Snatching Party May 2024

Welcome to the Snatching Party for May 2024!

A few words before we start.

FMM2310  has still to complete their reviews and are therefore excluded from the Snatching party. Their stories however are still up for grabs.

IMPORTANT — To be eligible for the June 2024 Snatching Party, you must have finished your commenting and reviewing and informed us with comments on both your assigned stories in Announcement before the party begins at 22:00 UTC on 27 May. Note the new time. You still have until the end of each month to finish your assignment, but by being a bit late, you lose the right to early snatches.

Guidelines - Please, make sure you read our guidelines. We ask for a minimum of three inline comments and one final comment in both chapters of both stories. Those comments shouldn't be vague. Always add the what and the why. Do you think something could be improved? Again, tell the author what and why. Writers appreciate being told what works and what does not. Amazing reviews - last but not least, we would like to thank all of you who took the reviewing a little further and helped your fellow book club mates. Now let's move on to the PARTY.

Rules recap: The rules are simple: First grabs = First keeps

Below, you'll find the list of available stories for the next month with a short description. To let us know which stories would you like to review, all you have to do is make an in-line comment next to the title of the story you wish to claim. Comments in the blurb do not count as a pick. We don't care what the comment is. You can make a + sign, you can yell ME ME ME, you can politely say I'd like to review this story — whichever way you prefer. Keep in mind:

>> You may choose only two stories, but you must choose two.

>> If a story has already been chosen by two members, that story is claimed for this month, and you have to select from those which remain unchosen.

>> Once you have chosen the two stories, be sure to visit the authors' dedicated chapters to see what they wish you to look out for while reviewing their work.

>> This chapter will be up for only five days. Be sure to comment on stories you want to review during this time.

>> We will choose for everybody who hadn't made their choice by the last day of the month.

>> If you've reviewed a story you particularly enjoyed, you can use this opportunity to snatch it for yourself again when we reopen this chapter for the following round. Most importantly, have fun!

CLAIMERS' LIST

The Craving – Marooned by RainerSalt

After a plane crash, Megan is marooned with a group of survivors on an uninhabited island in the Pacific. They find a dead man's body, and the next day it's gone. And then someone of their group disappears, too. They realize that there's something with them. Something that might be lethal.
----
Not having much to head home for, Megan doesn't care when her plane takes off with a delay of several hours. She is bored, and the strange, dark man at her side isn't much of a talker--yet their conversation gets interesting once the plane's engines stop working.

They crash. Many die, but a small group of survivors makes it to the shore of a deserted, volcanic island in the middle of nowhere. They feel lucky to be alive as they wait for the rescue teams. But they're not.
----
A thriller/adventure story, with elements of mystery, and some surprises.

Mature: NO

~*~

Noble Intentions by ZonderZorg