Chapter 2: Dawn of the Dumpster (Part 2)

Jason, now the Red Ranger, let out a battle cry as he hurtled through the air. He lashed outwith a flying punch that hit one of the Tenga square on the beak, causing the bird-monster to crumple to its knees. Jason landed and struck a second Tenga with a roundhouse kick to the chest that caused it to flip over and land on its stomach. A third Tenga tried to jump him from behind but Jason turned on his heels and hit it with a forward punch so powerful that the monster flew backwards through the air, flailing its arms and legs helplessly until it collided with the chain link fence that separated the parking lot from the street.

"Man," the Red Ranger marveled as he momentarily paused to stare at his own fist, " This is some serious strength."

Val, now the Pink Ranger,raced forwards so quickly that she was only perceptible as a pink blur. She streaked past one of the Tenga, the monster doubling over from an unseen blow. She turned around and raced back just as swiftly to strike a second Tenga before making one more high speed u-turn and hitting a third one.

Coming to a stop, Val watched with her arms folded over her chest as the three Tenga staggered for a second before simultaneously collapsing. "It's just like how mom and dad said it was for them," she muttered to herself as she struggled to suppress how much her body was shaking in excitement.

"I'm a Power Ran-geeer,"Rich, now the Black Ranger, sang as two Tenga flew towards him.

"I'm a Power Ran-geeer,"Rich chirped again as he went into a handstand, spread his legs, and spun around once, hitting the two dive bombing bird-monsters with his feet.

"I'm a Power Ranger!"Rich belted out as he flipped back to a standing position and ran to where the Tenga has crashed next to each other.

"A Zeo!" the Black Ranger exclaimed as he dropped onto his back to deliver a pair of elbow drops to the spines of the downed monsters, "Power Ran-ger-eeeeer!"

Buff, now the Yellow Ranger,roared as he lowered his head and charged, slamming his shoulder into two more of the Tenga. He wrapped his arms around their waists and, without breaking stride,began to bodily carry them across the parking lot.

"Put us down!" one of the Tenga shrieked as it and its partner ineffectively slapped and clawed at Buff''s back.

Under his helmet, Buff smirked as he replied, "Okay!"

He let the Tenga go as he skidded to a halt, the two monsters flying backwards before they crashed into and then through the large glass window at the front of the Cluck Hut. While glad that the rest of the staff and customers had cleared out at some point, Buff still took in a hiss of air between clenched teeth. "Hope their insurance covers that," the Yellow Ranger whispered as he placed his hands over the mouth area of his mask.

Amber, now the Blue Ranger,caught the arm of a Tenga that tried to hit her with an overhead chop and she twisted its wrist hard enough that it dropped to its knees in pain. "This augmentation of our physical abilities is phenomenal," she commented before knocking away a second Tenga with a backhanded blow from her free arm.

She pulled the first one back to its feet, noticed she was now eye-to-eye with the creature when she had only come up to their chests before, and grabbed its arm with both hands before tossing it on its back with an over the shoulder throw. "It's even given me a notable increase in my height!"

Delta picked up the lid for the space dumpster, sealing the container up again as he watched the battle.

"It worked!" he cheered, "And the jolt of energy to the Grid was enough to--"

Sarah placed her hand down firmly on Delta's shoulder. "Enough. To. WHAT?!"

Slowly turning his head toward Sarah, Delta audibly gulped despite not having a throat in need of wetting. "P-Please don't hurt me," he whimpered.