Chapter 4:Fall Of An Old Friend (Part 2)

"Whoa..." Sarah whispered softly as she stared up at the image of the Dragonzord standing among the wreckage it had caused on the Viewing Ring, "The old news footage never did the size of these things justice."

"Ooooh, this is bad!"Delta-3 moaned as he switched from control panel to control panel on his dedicated platform, "My my MY! If those villains have done what I think they've done, this is REALLY bad!"

Unable to take her gaze away from the image on the screens, Sarah asked, "Is there anything I can do to help? Anything at all?"

"Not at this moment,"Delta-3 replied as he kept working, "Right now, all I can do is redirect as many Nanomorph machines as possible to finishing up the construction of the Zords! I don't know if the Pink Battle Borg on its own will be able to handle this!"

Momentarily looking up,Delta noticed Sarah was still gazing up at the Dragonzord, her back to him. Her body language was tense and he saw her fists were tightly clenched and trembling by her sides. "I'm sorry," he said, "I know you're worried about them and if I think of anything at all you can help me with, I'll let you know."

"Thanks," Sarah said sharply, without turning around.

Delta-3 saw that she relaxed a little, but only a little.

\\

The now purple-eyed Dragonzord raised its hands, pointing its empty fingers down at the team of Power Rangers near its feet. Missiles suddenly popped into place where fingertips would have been and, only a second later,began to fire.

The missiles streaked down towards the Rangers with their explosive payloads, the team being able to avoid any direct hits from the projectiles but being knocked head-over-heels by the shock waves from the resultant explosions as the missiles slammed into the ground. Landing painfully on his back,the Red Ranger rolled to his right to avoid chunks of falling asphalt, metal, wood, and glass that had been launched into the air as well. Getting back up to one knee, he called out, "Everyone okay?!"

"I'm fine!" the Pink Ranger snapped to his left.

"N-Nothing fractured,"the Blue Ranger groaned behind him.

Looking up from where he had landed on his stomach to Jason's right, the Black Ranger whispered in a voice that was a mixture of excitement and terror, "He actually shot the finger missiles."

"Yeah," the Yellow Ranger added, sitting up next to Rich, "I'm okay too."

The Dragonzord let out a shrieking roar and aimed a kick at a near-by pile of shipping containers, sending the massive hunks of metal flying towards the Rangers that they frantically had to dodge. Rolling under an orange container that passed only inches over him to crash into the side of a warehouse, Jason looked over at Val and called out, "Looks like we're going to need the Battle Borg here!"

"Right!" Val replied,reaching into the compartment on the side of her Morph In Belt to pull out the coin, "Normally, I'd hate smashing an ancient relic to pieces but in this case..."

"Hey, hold on a sec!"Rich exclaimed suddenly holding up his hand, "You can't just destroy it! The Dragonzord may act bad sometimes but it's an ally of the Rangers! Something's wrong and we gotta fix it!"

Before the argument could continue, the Dragonzord attacked again, spinning around as it swung its massive tail at the tiny enemies before it. Jumping high into the air to avoid the attack, the Rangers landed on a near-by rooftop as the tail smashed into the wreckage of a mostly collapsed warehouse. Its swing continued on to strike a pair of construction cranes as well and came to a sudden stop, the girders of metal folding and collapsing in a way that the Zord found its tail temporarily stuck in them.