Chapter Two. A reason to smile, is an annoying boy

Pic on the side by OneWay21D 

The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. ~Robert Bloch

Chapter two. A reason to smile, is an annoying boy

Marilyn had not expected him to show up the next day, she really was surprised. Everyday he would pass a comment about her serving skills or anything that woul insult making her go red. Then, he told her that she should really show more emotions. He made her angry but at the same time her masochistic and naive girly side enjoyed the fact that she was the only person in the cafe who took her order.

According to Carrie they should stop flirting so much and just start dating. Marilyn had snorted at that comment. Carrie argued that every guy had a different approach and that Marilyn should make a move already!

"The usual?" Marilyn asked looking at her notepad. She knew his order by heart. A caramel frappe with a slice of devils chocolate cake. Marilyn wondered how he didn't grow fat eating so much of chocolate everyday.

"Give me your number." The stranger stated. Yes, Marilyn still hadn't learnt his name and she didn't mind. She liked calling him 'the stranger'. Marilyn looked at him startled.

"Um, what?" She asked, uncertainly.

"Your number. Are you deaf or something?" Marilyn scowled at him.

"Why would I give you my number?" Marilyn asked.

"Because I asked." He said and winked at her.

"I don't even know you!" Marilyn exclaimed.

"I'm hurt. I've been coming here for quite some time and I helped you improve so much. You have to agree with me we are much more than strangers." He said smirking at Marilyn as if he had won the argument.

"I don't know your name." Marilyn bit her lip. She really wasn't sure about giving him her number. Only a few people had her number because she gave it to people she knew closely.

"It's Tyler and you're Marilyn as it says on your tag." Str-Tyler said smoothly.

"That's not enough information. What's my last name?" It was Marilyn's turn to smirk.

"What am I your stalker? I only know things you tell me." Tyler said raising his hand to flick her forehead. Marilyn scowled and rubbed her forehead.

"Exactly! I didn't tell you because I don't want to tell you. It's really simple so get it through your head, okay?"  

"Why don't you sit down and we'll talk about this." Tyler pointed at the chair Marilyn was leaning on.

"I can't." Marilyn said, shaking her head.

"Can't or won't?" Tyler asked, raising one eyebrow.

"Both. Employer policy, we aren't allowed to engage with our customers." Marilyn said.

"Yet, you talk to me." Tyler said a small smile playing on his lips.

"It's not like I have a choice! You don't let anyone take your order, so I have to listen to your chatter until you give me your order." Marilyn argued.

"You didn't have to take my order. You could've complained to the manager and just to let you know you've already taken my order but yet you stand here to 'chatter' with me." A full blown smirk graced Tyler's lips and Marilyn was speechless.

"Now, give me your number." Tyler said.

"You obviously don't like me so why bother?" Marilyn asked.