STARBOY | 15

"WHERE ARE WE GOING?" MISO WONDERED, LOOKING AROUND THE STREET SHE AND NIKI WERE WALKING IN

"You'll see." The boy smirked, glancing back at her. The two had been walking for a few minutes and Niki had yet to inform Miso of their destination, which bothered her.

Eventually, the Nishimura boy stopped in front of a small diner that had big, white glowing letters on the roof, reading 'MR. WON'S DINER.'

"You brought me to a diner?" Miso raised her brow, looking up the taller boy who had his hands stuffed in his jean pockets. He kissed his teeth and shook his head as a slight smirk appeared on his lips.

"My favorite diner." He corrected, before taking hold of her wrist and pulling her into the building, only to be hit with the scent of freshly cooked pancakes. The floor was decorated with black and white squares, and the cushioning of the booths were a pale blue and it wasn't too busy inside considering it was nearing 8:00pm.

Once the two found a seat and sat opposite one another, Niki called out their order of Blueberry Pancakes.

"Are you gonna be getting another tattoo any time soon?" Niki smirked, looking across at Miso, who let out a sarcastic laugh and shook her head.

"Of course not, who do you take me for?" She scoffed, taking a bite from the warm Pancakes between her and the Greaser.

"Well, you already got one, why not get another?" He chuckled, watching her as she ate the food. "And I could be the one tattooing you again..." Niki's voice lowered as he spoke, causing Miso to look up at him as butterflies released inside her stomach.

"I think..." She breathed out, feeling nervous beneath his intimidating gaze. "I think I'll pass up on that offer." The girl smiled, sitting up straight in her seat. What was he doing to her?

"Why did you get a tattoo in the first place? Isn't it forbidden for a Soc to do that?" Niki wondered, picking up his fork to begin eating also.

"My friends dared me too..." She answered shamefully, biting down on her bottom lip gently.

"What?" Niki looked up from his food in shock, with enlarged eyes and furrowed brows. "And you did it?" Nodding her head, Miso remained silent, too ashamed for doing whatever her friends told her to do.

"You're a crazy girl, Miso." He shook his head a bit, a breathy chuckle leaving his plump lips. "But I like it."

Instantly, Miso felt her cheeks burn red at his last comment, and she did everything she quite possibly could to avoid eye contact. He was seriously going to be the death of her.

"Don't say a word." Niki warned, reaching over and taking Miso's hand in his. They had just finished their meal and their third bottle of coca-cola, and now, it was time to pay and leave.

"What—" Miso asked, her brows furrowed in confusion, however her question was soon answered once Niki got up out of the booth, pulling her along with him before running out of the diner — not paying for their meal.

"Niki!" Miso gasped, doing her best to keep up with the boys speed as he kept a grip on her hand whilst running down the middle of the dimly lit road. "Niki, what the hell!"

They could hear the screams of the lady that worked at the diner yelling after them, insisting they came back or she'd call the fuzz, but the duo took no notice of her and found themselves laughing as they ran away.

Once the screams became faded, Niki and Miso slowly came to a halt, the only sounds that could be heard being their heavy breathing and breathy laughs.

"I can tell that was the most you've run in a while." Niki teased, grinning at the shorter girl who rolled her eyes.

Suddenly, Miso watched as the boy came to stand in front of her, taking her handbag in his grip before turning around and kneeling down. It was silent for a moment as Miso stared at his jacket clad back. She didn't know what he wanted her to do.

"Get on." He ushered and her cheeks turned crimson as she hesitantly did so, wrapping her arms around his neck as his arms hooked underneath her legs.

The boy eventually began to walk again and a peaceful silence swarmed them as Miso rested her head on his shoulder, her eyes beginning to feel heavy. It was calming and comforting for both of them. There wasn't any Greasers out roaming the streets, it was only them walking in the middle of the road.

"Soso," Niki softly called out, causing her to lift her head up from his shoulder and hum as a way to show she was listening. "I'm happy you don't see me as some lowlife-outcast."

Miso couldn't help but grin like a Cheshire Cat as the boys words reached her ears. Never in her Soc life did she think she'd be on a Greasers back, blushing like mad, but here she was and she didn't want to be anywhere else.

"And I wish all us other Socs could could see you all for who you really are, and not just for your money status." The Choi girl spoke just above a whisper.

"I wish all Socs were like you, Choi Miso."

Without another word, Miso leaned down and planted a soft, delicate kiss on Niki's cheeks, making the boy's cheeks turn pink and lower his head as he bit hit bottom lip to prevent his smile from getting any wider than it already was.

When they finally reached Miso's home, she dropped down from Niki's back and brushed the creases from her skirt out and took her bag from Niki's shoulder, muttering a 'thank you.'

"Thanks for the ride." She grinned, looking up at him and he placed his hands in his front pockets and shrugged his shoulders.

"Don't sweat it." He spoke nonchalantly, before a glimpse of mischief took over his features and he leaned down, turning his head to the side and poking out his cheek — just like he did when he left her bedroom that night.

A heavy sigh passed Miso's lips as she shook her head and brought her hand up and gently pushed his face away, the two of them chuckling. "What I did was a one in a blue moon type of thing." She informed, making Niki lick his lips and nod his head, not quite believing her words.

"Sweet dreams, doll." Was the last thing he said, before she waved and he watched as she entered her home, making sure she got in safely, before he then turned around and began heading back to the South side.

★