Meeting Again

Songs for this chapter.

Alien Blues - Vundabar
Nervous - The Neighborhood
Mrs magic - Strawberry Guy
Warnings - mentions of an anxiety attack.

-

I walked through the doors of the arena for the first time. I was debuting on Monday Night Raw after being on NXT for a couple years, and I was beyond nervous. My match was against Liv Morgan, who I was actually friends with outside of the ring, so I wasn't nervous about that. I was nervous about the crowd.

"Aurora! I'm so glad you're here. How are you feeling about tonight?" I heard the voice of Triple H echo throughout the hall and bring me out of my thoughts as he made his way toward me. "Hey! Thank you so much for this opportunity, again. And I'm a little nervous, if I'm being honest."

"Don't be, I know you'll do great. If you'd like to chat with Liv once more before the match, she's in her dressing room. Don't sweat it, kid." He offered a small smile as he patted my shoulder before walking away.

Don't sweat it, right.

Of course, I was excited, but the nerves of being out there in front of everyone was definitely starting to settle in. I felt my arms begin to tingle and my head grow fuzzy. I attempted to text Liv but, I got no answer. She must be busy.

I frantically looked around the building for a bathroom, a closet, anything. As I was walking, I was beginning to lose feeling in my finger tips and my head was spinning, I knew I needed to find somewhere, and find it quick.

I was having no luck so far, this arena is much different than the one from NXT, everything is in different spots. I was beginning to panic before I bumped into to someone. "Hey, watch where- woah, are you okay?" My head was down so I couldnt see who it was. Before I could apologize, tears began to well up in my eyes.

Shit.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm f-fine. Sorry for bumping into you." I tried to walk away but her hand grasped my wrist to turn me around. "Come with me." Her voice was deep, rapsy, comforting, and.. familiar? That's when I looked up and saw her. Rhea.

I knew who she was. How could I not? We knew eachother from mutual friends, and I have always had a thing for her but I could never express it. We're not close, by any means. We've said hi a couple times but that's it. But she was just even more beautiful in person, each time I saw her.

The moment her hand was on my skin, it was like everything just lifted. My head was still pounding, and my hands were still tingling and a little numb, but the panic, and the nerves? They were long gone.

"Where are we going?" I asked quietly, voice trembling and barely above a whisper. "Somewhere more quiet, would that help?" She looked back with a soft smile. I knew that Rhea was a character, but I was still a little shocked.

I mean, this was our first time GENUINELY meeting, and she's taking me some place quiet so I can calm down? I felt my heart swell a little as I looked at her, and eventually my eyes lingered to the muscles of her back that were on display, thanks to the tank top.

My eyes fluttered back down to the floor as I noticed I was staring. Rhea turned a corner and paused to open the door, her hand still holding mine. She pulled me in, gently, and then closed the door before motioning to the couch by the wall.

Must be her dressing room.

I sat down, and she sat infront of me on the table, rather than beside me. "What happened, if you don't mind me asking?" Her voice was soft, and her hand was now on my knee. I looked at her, eyes still watery and I'm sure my cheeks were flushed, I could feel the heat.

"Um, just nerves, I guess." I somehow got out, I thought I never would with the way her eyes were inspecting mine like she actually cared. "First time?" Rhea asked. "Not necessarily, just my first time infront of a crowd as big as this one. I'm coming up from NXT." I explained, almost instantly calming as she gave my knee a gentle squeeze. "Oh yeah, that's right." She said, as if she remembered me. She didn't, right?

"Aurora, is it?" She smiled. I think my eyes actually widened at that. I didn't even know she watched NXT, let alone me. "Well actually, my real name is Evangeline. But, yeah, you remember me?" I was so confused, but, honored, I think is the right word?

"Are you kidding me? How could I not?" She said it like she was offended, which made me giggle. "And Evangeline, huh? That's a pretty name, it suits you.
I giggled. Again. "Thank you, but I don't know? I didn't think you even watched NXT, or even knew my name for that matter." I blushed, looking down at the floor.

"Of course I do, I was just waiting for management to get their heads out of their asses and bring you up. You're bloody talented, mate. Plus, everytime I've seen you at one of Dom's parties, you're always so fun and bubbly. I like that about you." The smile on her face was obviously contagious because suddenly it was on mine, too.

"Now, you feeling any better?" Rhea asked softly, her hand giving my knee another gentle squeeze. "Yes, I am actually. Thank you Rhea." I smiled even wider, placing my hand on hers as a 'thank you'.

"So, do you have a match tonight?" She seemed like she was genuinely curious, so I nodded softly. "Uh, yeah, I do actually. It's against Liv." I tucked a piece of hair that was getting in my face behind my ear as i spoke. "Ah, that should be good. I'll be watching." Rhea winked and I swear my knees would've buckled had I not been sitting down.

"Really?" My eyes widened again, blush covering my cheeks. "Wouldn't miss it fo-" She was cut off by Damian opening the door arubtly. "Yo, Rhea, they need us in 5." And then he saw me. "Who's this?" He raised a brow, pointing towards me.
"Shit, I'm not interrupting am I because I can-" "Priest!" She stopped him, looking over at him as I tried not to laugh.

"She's a friend, I was helping her. Aurora, this is Damian." Rhea gestured between us with a grin. I waved at the tall man. "Nice to meet you. You can call me Evangeline, though. Or Angie, or Eve, or, honestly whatever you want." I quickly embarrassed myself I laughed to try and cover it. Damian nodded, and looking over to Rhea, she looked like she was deep in thought, before looking up with a smile. "What if I call you angel?"

- - -

First chapter! Let me know what you think:) chapter two should be out either later tonight or tomorrow <3