Match

Songs for this chapter.

Pink + White - Frank Ocean
life imitates life - quannic
Duvet - bôa

Warnings: violence (just wrestling)

-
"What if I called you angel?"

I blushed, looking down. "Yeah, yeah, Angel could work too, if you'd want." God, this was so embarrassing. I've only met her 20 minutes ago and I'm already getting a crush on her. Just kill me.

Rhea pulled me out of my head by placing her hand on my knee again. "You okay, angel?" Rhea asked, the soft tone of her voice making me melt on the inside. I just nodded.

My phone buzzed in my pocket and I grabbed it, checking the message.

Livy 🦋: Hey, sorry I didn't see this I was doing my makeup. Where are you? I want to see youuu!

I laughed a little at the message. "Thank you Rhe, I appreciate you helping me. Livs looking for me, I should go find her." I didn't even notice the fact I had given her a nickname until I finished speaking. "Oh- I'm sorry I dont-"

"Don't worry about it, I liked it. It's cute." She smiled, and I smiled back before going to stand up. "Wait, before you leave," She gestured to my phone and I handed it to her. After a few seconds, she handed it back and I saw she put her number in.

"Text me or call me if you need anything, and if you don't have one already, could I give you a ride home?" Rhea eyes were hopeful, I couldn't say no. "Thank you, that would be nice." I said quietly, my lips curling into a smile once more.

I said my goodbyes to both Rhea and Damian before searching the arena for Liv, which once I found her, she ran into my arms like she hadn't seen me in years. In reality it was only 2 days. "Rory! Hi!" She squealed, smiling up at me. I smiled back of course.

"Hi Livy, are you ready for the match?" I asked. "Ugh, yes. I just know you're going to kill it out there. You'll be one of our Champs in no time."

Liv was a very encouraging person, and yes, while she helped a bit, my nerves quickly started to bubble up again.
Whatever she started saying after that, I couldn't hear. My head went fuzzy again, after Liv's music hit.

Almost as if on cue a felt a now familiar hand place itself on my shoulder. "Hey, Eve. You ready?" Rhea's voice was soft and calming, unlike how it usually is in ring. And just like earlier, everything floated away. "Yeah, nervous as hell, but I think I'm ready." I tried to boost my confidence, stretching my arms a bit to prepare. Rhea leaned down so her lips were right next to my ear. "You've got this, angel."

---

My music cued. I shook my nerves off and shot her a small smile before walking through the curtains of the gorilla and doing my entrance.

"Oh my god! Corey do you know who that is?! That's Aurora Thorne, one of NXT'S biggest talents!" I could faintly hear the words of Micheal Cole, the closer I got to the ring. I smiled to myself, although every step I took was heavy and almost hard to make, but I pushed through. You've got this, angel. Replayed on a loop in my head. Rhea was watching.

I came up to the side of the side of the ring ring and jumped up, looking around, trying not to let the size of the crowd get to my head before I did my flip over the ropes. At least that went well, good start, Eve.

My confidence started to come back slowly, as Liv eyed me in her corner, she shot me a small wink. I smiled, softly enough that she knew I was feeling better but the cameras wouldn't pick up.
The bell rung, and neither of us charged first. We met in the middle of the ring, circling eachother before we went into trying to see who could over power the other.