Off my mind.

Songs for this chapter:

The cut that always bleeds - Conan Gray
Habits - Tove Lo

-

It had been an hour since she pushed passed me with a "Fuck you." under her breath and slammed my door, getting into her truck and speeding off.

0 texts.
0 Calls.
Not that I could really expect any.

It was now 3 pm. I'd been in bed since she left. Crying, sleeping, anything to try and not think about it. Two more hours passed. Now it was 5 pm. Still in my same spot; curled up with my knees to my chest, hugging a pillow.

My phone rang, but I didn't bother to pick it up. Not until it did for the third time. I didn't even look as I answered and put it to my ear. I knew it wasn't Rhea.

"Hello?" I croaked. "Rory, Hi! Were you sleeping? It took you like, forever to answer." That was just about the last voice you wanted to hear right now. "Sorry, Liv." "It's okay. Anyways! The girls and I are heading out to get drinks, you're coming with." I was?

"I am?" I asked. "Yes, you are. Pleaseee Rory? You haven't gone out with us in forever." Liv whined over the phone. "Please, Eve?" She pleaded. "I don't know, Liv. I'm not feeling the best." I was hoping that would be enough to get her off my dick, in the most polite way possible.

"Like, sick or?" Liv pushed. "No, just not feeling like going out." Fuck. I knew that was the wrong answer. "I'm sure you'll feel better once you come with us! Please Rory?" She pushed, again.

"Fine." I agreed, mainly just to get her to stop talking. "Oh my gosh! Yay! I'll be there in 15, the girls are meeting us at the club." She squealed. 15 minutes? Fuck.

I didn't say anything before I hung up, shooting up from my bed and speed walked to the bathroom to fix my makeup. I wiped the dried mascara stains off my face and put some shimmer on my eyes, finishing it up with some winged liner and falsies. My lips were a dark red and I put my hair up in a high pony with hair framing my face in the front. Now that the easy part was done, it was time for the outfit.

I must've looked in my closet for hours, because I was still looking when Liv barged into my room. I really need to learn to lock that damn door.

I gave her a soft smile, and turned back to my closet. It was hard trying to decide what I wanted to wear. "Can I pick?" Liv spoke up after a few moments of silence. I had a feeling I would regret this, but I gave her a nod anyway. She squealed, clapping her hands in excitement as she scurried over to my closet. It took her no less than 5 minutes to pick one, which surprised me, but when she turned around it made sense.

"I am not wearing that." I grimaced at the tiny top and skirt she chose. "Oh come on! You'd look great in this, especially your tits." Her last comment caught me off guard a bit, but I scoffed anyway. "Absolutely not." I said I shook my head. "Pleaseee?" Liv whined, again.
I sighed, but ultimately reached my hand out for the clothes. The blonde squealed again as she shoved the clothes in my hand, urging me to go change.

As I put the heels on she so rudely threw at me before I closed the door, I awkwardly stared at myself in the mirror. I fixed my hair, deciding I wanted it down instead, which ultimately was a good idea because it made me actually like the outfit.

The moment I walked back in the room, Liv's jaw dropped. "Oh. My. God. Eve! You look amazing!" She got up and spun me by my shoulders. As mad as I secretly was at her right now, she did never fail to make me feel good about myself no matter the circumstances, and I loved her for that.

"Thank you, Livy." I smiled. I hadn't called her that in forever. She returned the same smile as she tucked a piece of my hair behind my ear.

"Let's go, Bianca said she got us all a round of shots." She told me as she grabbed my hand, dragging me out to her car. The car ride was the complete opposite of silent. She had our favorite pre-game playlist blasting, the one we always listened to when we went out. Liv was the one singing, obviously. I just resorted to dancing a little in my seat.