Apologies

Songs for this chapter:

Need 2 - Pinegrove
The Archer - Taylor Swift

-

"I'm not answering that." I said softly to Becky as I declined the call. I still felt the ping in my chest at seeing her name show up on my phone, but I needed to go forward with my life, and if she wanted Liv then she could have her. "Just because I'm here doesn't mean you didn't have to answer." She replied, shifting in her spot.

I grabbed her hand as I gave her a soft smile. "I really don't care enough to answer." I reassured, though I'd be lying if I said I wasn't at least a little curious. Almost as if on cue, my phone rang again, but this time it was Liv. What the hell? I gave Becky a confused look, but didn't answer the phone this time either, I declined it.

"This is weird." I laughed softly as I got back in my spot with my head in her lap. Of course, the moment I got comfortable it rang again. I groaned loudly, and continued getting comfortable. "It's Rhea." Becky said. "You answer it." I mumbled against her leg. "What?" She sounded confused but grabbed my phone anyway. "Please? I don't want to deal with her."

Becky sighed, but answered the phone, putting it on speaker. "Hello?" She said. "Fucking finally! It took you lon- Becky?" Rhea sounded irritated, even more so when she spat Becky's name over the phone. "What the hell are you doing with Eve's phone?" Oh she was mad.

"I stayed the night." I could hear Becky's smirk without even looking at her, and I had to place my hand over my mouth to keep me from laughing. "What?" Rhea's voice was deep. "And why couldn't she answer the phone?" This bitch.

"You think she wants to talk to you?" Becky was getting defensive now. "I mean, she was the one dreaming ab-" I snatched the phone from Becky before she could finish. "What the fuck do you want, Rhea?" I spat. "Hello to you too, princess."

"Don't call me that." I huffed. "Someone's a little hostile." Shs joked. Was she being fucking serious? I gave Becky a look, gripping my phone harder. "I'm about to hang up." I said. "Okay okay, I'm sorry. You left something at my house, I want to give it back." Yeah right. "Just leave it at my door." I spoke flatly, about to hang up. "I want to apologize, Eve." She said quietly.

"I don't care, Rhea. Do what you want, leave me out of it." Was all I said before hanging up. Becky chuckled at me as I ran a hand through my hair before putting my face in the pillow with a loud groan. My phone dinged, and just as I was about to ask her to check it for me she did. "She sent a location, she's at the café, actually." Becky told me. I groaned again. "I think you should go meet her."

I shot up quickly. "What? I'm not doing that." I shook my head. "I mean, would you rather get an explanation or just go on with your life never knowing why it happened?" She asked. I hate that she had a point, and I think she noticed I was thinking everything over when I got quiet. "Listen, I should probably head back to my apartment anyways. If you need anything, I'm just a call away." She smiled sweetly as she got up.

I was laying in bed for a few moments after she left, debating on whether or not I should meet Rhea at the café or not. I finally decided I would, but I wouldn't be staying for long. I got up with a sigh and got changed, obviously nothing too fancy, just a band tee and ripped jeans. I put my hair up in a ponytail as I walked to my bathroom to do my makeup. I was done in about 10 minutes, it never took me long unless it was my ring makeup.

Grabbing my keys, I walked out to my car and started driving. No music, I just needed to think. What could she possibly want to talk about? She didn't even sound like she regretted it on the phone. When I pulled into the parking lot, I immediately saw her truck. Part of me was hoping she left.

I took a deep breath before getting out of my car, scanning around the building for her. When I saw her, I almost turned around and walked right back out. Of course she fucking brought her. I went to leave, but Rhea called my name before I could. Fuck.

I spun back around and started walking to their booth. When I sat down I gave them both a look. "What do you want. Rhea." I sighed as I sat back. I'm not acknowledging that little blonde bitch until she acknowledges me, respectfully. "I wanted to say sorry, Eve." She gave me a small smile. "And you couldn't say that over the phone?" I raised an eyebrow. "Its not like you let me." Rhea shrugged and leaned back too. "Well excuse me for not really wanting to talk to you right now."

Rhea sighed. "Then why are you here, Eve?" Why was I here? "I don't know, but I shouldn't have." I said as I went to get up. Rhea grabbed my hand and looked at me with pleading eyes. Why was she acting like this when she was sitting next to the girl she practically fucked on the dance floor? The girl who she told me didn't have control over what we did with our relationship, and then she did that.

I looked at Liv, who was staring straight down at the table picking at her fingers. I let out a breath before I sat back down. "You should go home." Rhea looked at Liv, her voice was deep as she glared at her. What? Rhea stood up so she could get out of the corner, and she didn't even spare me a glance as she left. Now I was confused.

"What was that all about?" I asked. Rhea pinched the bridge of her nose and closed her eyes. "Listen last night, I wasn't thinking." She started. You don't say. "I was really hurt after you told me to leave, and that's not an excuse but it does lead to why everything happened." Rhea said as she started picking at her own fingers. My brows furrowed in confusion again.

"After I left, Liv was spamming me with all these messages telling me she missed me, and that she wanted to try again and all that. I turned her down, obviously. But she said her and some friends were going out later, and she told me you would be there." Rhea took another deep breath before starting again.

"I really wanted to see you, I was hoping that you would have changed your mind and we could've tried again, but when I saw you with Carmello something in me just snapped. I wanted to make you jealous, and I knew the only way to do that was Liv. I know it was wrong, and I shouldn't have done it. I'm sorry, Eve. I'm really sorry. Nothing else happened with her, I let her stay at my place because she was drunk as hell and I didn't want her getting an Uber. She slept on my couch, the only thing that happened was what you saw. I promise, Angel."

Rhea's eyes were now looking into mine, and I felt my eyes starting to water but I blinked them away. I wanted to believe her, but should I? Could I? "Why didn't you just call me?" I whispered. "I didn't think you'd answer, or even want to talk to me." She whispered back. "Rhea I was crying the whole time after you left, the only reason I even left the house was because Liv was pushing so much." I ran a frustrated hand through my hair. Liv probably set this whole thing up. "I'm sorry." Rhea said quietly as she looked down.

I sighed for the millionth time and looked down again. "It wasn't you, Rhea. I shouldn't have told you to leave like that, it wasn't fair how I was more worried about her feelings than yours." I spoke softly. Rhea's head shot back up. "So does this mean we can try?" She asked hopefully. "Not immediately. I think it'd be best if we started fresh." I said as I realized I now had to apologize to Becky. The thought made my head hurt.

Rhea nodded gently, she looked happy to hear that I still wanted something with her, and honestly I was happy too. "Why did Becky stay the night?" She asked, pulling me out of my thoughts. I cleared my throat and tucked my hair behind my ear. Here goes nothing.

"After everything happened I ran off to the bathroom, and I had texting her asking her to come meet me. She did and she helped calm me down. She asked to drive me home so I let her, and she was going to leave but I asked her to stay, so she did. Nothing happened last night, but I do want to be honest with you." Why was I so nervous? Rhea nodded slowly. "We kissed this morning. A few times, actually." I told her.

Rhea's eyes fell as her brows furrowed. "What do you mean, a few times?"