Ikalawang Kabanata

ii. Her target.

᯾✵𖣘⍟۞✫᯽᯾

---

Trigger warnings: Mental health, Cruelty, Hate of speech

Trigger warnings: Mental health, Cruelty, Hate of speech. You have been warned. 

Serissa's point of view

One thing for sure...

My life is different from other kids. 

I was a HUMMS student in Senior High, and I was the best student out there. Ipinakita ko yung grades kay Dad which made him disgusted while seeing my face.

"Ano ba yan?"He asked me at ka agad-agad niya hinablot yung papel.

"It's my grades, Dad! Isa ako sa mga top ngayong second quarter namin. I am really driven to become a Gallery Curator because of this." I smiled at him. 

It's always been my dream. I was always fascinated by learning about the Philippine Mythology and the Philippine History. 

Dahil simula pa lang ng bata ako, matagal na akong bumibisita doon dahil sa isang matanda at dahil sa isang lalaki. I used to listen to his...stories.

Pumunta ako sa isang painting. It was Idiyanale's painting. And I admired her. She looked so beautiful.

Lumapit naman yung matanda and he smiled at me, "It was Idiyanale's painting. Are you interested in her?"

"Umm.."

"Come here, Serissa." Aya sa'kin nung matanda and he lift me up at ikwinento niya sa'kin lahat ng origin tungkol kay Idiyanale. And I was completely mesmerized by the stories.

"Idiyanale is often depicted through symbols and imagery that represent her divine essence and attributes. Unraveling these visual representations and their significance allows for a deeper appreciation of the symbolism associated with Idiyanale.

From her physical appearance to the symbolic elements of her mythological realm, these representations provide insight into her divine presence and influence."

"She is cool!"Sambit ko

"Marami ka pang dapat malaman sa kanya." Sabi nung matanda.

"Hm! Tulad po ng ano?"

"About how Idiyanale's offspring delves into the fascinating tales and significance of Dumakulem and Anitun Tabu, who are the children of Idiyanale."

Pumunta kami sa isa pang painting and I got even more curious as I saw Anitun Tabu's picture. As a kid, sobrang excited ko talaga kapag nagkwento siya sa'kin about the Philippine Mythology.

"In the enchanting world of Philippine mythology, Anitun Tabu reigns as a revered goddess, revered for her domain over wind and rain. The origins of Anitun Tabu trace back to the ancient Tagalog culture, where her significance and influence were deeply ingrained.