Friday, 26 May, 2000: ...Not Forgotten

I wake up to my phone blaring I Knew I Loved You by Savage Garden. I look at the the caller ID and see Mama Kristen's name come up.

I answer. "Hey, Mama." My voice is groggy.

"Hey, sweetie. Did I wake you?" she sounds chipper.

"No, Mama. Is everything alright?" I ask although I know nothing's 'alright'.

But she still answers, "Yes everyone's doing well. Hey, listen. Thomas and I want you to come over for dinner. It's okay if you don't want to, you made no commitment to deal with us if something happened to Colby, but the offer stands."

"Oh, I'd love to come over. And I don't see why I can't have dinner with my family."

I hear her chuckle on the other end, then she says, "Okay, dear. I'm making spaghetti bollonaise, especially for you."

"Thank you, Mama. I'll be there at about six-ish, okay? See you then. Bye. Love you."

"Love you too."

I hang up and get out of bed. I get ready for school and run out the house, I'm late.

I don't have time to talk to Kate before school, so I make a quick stop by my locker on my way to first period, English.

***

After third period I have a free. And once I free myself from the miserable maths classroom I walk to my locker to pick up some books to study.

I feel like somebody's following me, but that can't be. Everyone's already gone to their next lessons.

I pull my dreaded french textbook and not so dreaded geography textbook out of my locker. I close it and lock it before turning and walking straight into a hard, masculine body.

"What the fu-?!" I stop myself before it turns out to be a teacher.

I look up to find Cole. I roll my eyes and walk in the direction of my English class, which is free in this period on Fridays.

I feel that he's following me and I try ignore him.

It doesn't work because just a few seconds later I turn around to face him.

"What do you want from me, Moley?" I call him by his drug-peddalling nickname that the druggies used at Cedar.

"Don't call me that, Spider." he says with a warning edge to his tone. Ooh, I struck a nerve. But he did, too.

"Don't call me that, Cole." I decide to ditch the 'Moley'-namecalling thing. It's no fun if he has a comeback.

"I don't know what else to call you. All Colby said was Spider, I never heard your real name." Cole says defensively.

"My name is Jane." That's all I say, hoping that he would finally leave me alone. He didn't.

"Well, Jane, since we are on a first name basis, I assume you've forgiven me for what happened all those years ago." he raises an eyebrow expectantly.

I roll my eyes and turn away again. I walk into the English class and sit down in the back of the room and open my french book.

I start going through verbs as someone sits down next to me. No one normally uses the seat next to me unless they think they can squeeze information out of me for their homework.

I look over absent-mindedly. Look back at my book. Five seconds later my poor overworked brain registers who's filling the space beside me.

Cole!

"Don't you have class?" I mumble angrily at him.

"Naw! I ditched. So I could spend time with you." he grins at me. I glare back at him.

"We aren't friends, so what do you want from me?" I say with a poisonous tongue.

"I want you to forgive me. I didn't want to take him with me, and they didn't let me take him home afterwards. They said that it had something to do with security, or something." He says defending himself.

I hardly hear him. "I don't care what you say. You left him and Amazon there."

I look back at my book. I'd rather study for the most horrible subject in the world - which, if you haven't figured out yet, is french - than say or hear another word to or from the peddler sitting beside me.

--------------------

A/N: Fairly decent length for this chap. I hope you guys are happy... even if I'm not.

The first to post a non-update, non-hate comment gets the commented on chapter dedicated to them.

xoxo BiancaMM