Monday, 02 October, 2000: The Plan

"You can't kill him. Cole, honey. Look at me." I say, absolutely terrified. He looks down at me and his expression softens when he sees my horrified one.

He walks around the island and pulls me into a comforting hug. "I'm sorry I scared you, love. I didn't want to do that. He just makes me so angry, I can't help it." He says into my hair.

"It's okay. Just don't do anything stupid. Please." He nods, messing up my hair a little. "Promise me, Cole."

"I promise, my beautiful Spider. I won't let this rain wash you out of this water spout. God knows you've been through enough hell this year." He doesn't say it, but we all know he's talking about Colby.

Colby and I were weird as kids. We would make up scenarios and would come up with plans on how to get out of it.

Some were really stupid and immature like when I was ten:

"What would you do if a man who was in my life and you didn't like him? Would you kill him or let him make me happy?" I asked.

"Kill him." Was Colby's immediate answer, but then he thought about it properly.

"Well, maybe not kill. But I would voice my opinion to you and if you still wanted to be with him, I wouldn't stop you." He was always smart and considerate of all factors of influence.

There was a similar one to my situation at the moment that I came up with three years ago:

"Hey, Colby. I got another one. Let's say your mom is dating a new guy and you don't like him much because he treats you like crap. What would you do?" I asked, oblivious to my future to come. An eleven year old me and a fourteen year old Colby sat in the tent he made his dad put up in his back garden.

He thought about it for a minute... two minutes... fifteen minutes. His face was screwed up with concentration. Then, "Ah! I got it! You let your mother catch the guy in the act!"

He was so proud of himself. I wasn't very happy with the plan, but I didn't tell him that. I loved the way he looked when he worked something out, as if he figured out the cure for cancer.

"I have an idea." I pull away from Cole and face the group. I tell them the story I just relived and they listen attentively.

"So? Do you think it will work?" I ask after no one says anything for a long while. It's three A.M. and I'm tired but I want them to agree.

"I don't like it." Cole says. "For obvious reasons. But it would probably work."

"Okay, then lets get to work on operation Get-Rid-Of-Greg. I think this should happen as soon as possible. Maybe the next time Greg comes over." I say enthusiastically.

I get lost in the conversation Skylar and Kate are having about what I'm going to wear and how I'm going to get my mom to walk in on him. I don't notice that Cole has left the room again until I look around for him.

The girls are too wrapped up in the discussion to notice me leaving. Either that or they knew we needed some alone time.

I find Cole curled up on the couch in the lounge. I sit down in front of him on the floor, my legs crossed.

He looks at me. I look at him.

He finally speaks, "Why are there so many goddamned bumps in our relationship? First there's Colby's kidnapping, then there's the years of avoidance on your part, then Colby's accident. After that we have the numerous fights and arguments and that stuff. Then there's the fact that I'm going to jail. And now this? Why us, Jane?" He sits up and scrubs his face with his hands. "It's just not fair!" He fists his hands against his head and presses his knuckles into his temples.

I take his hands in mine. "Cole, look at me." He does. "I know we haven't had the perfect relationship. I know it will never be perfect. The only important thing here is is that I love you and that you love me and that we are willing to work through our problems together, do you understand what I'm saying?" He nods.

I lean up onto my knees and kiss his lips lightly. His hands go to my neck and into my hair.

We kiss for a while and enjoy the presence of each other.

When I finally pull away he pulls me into his lap and hugs me to his body. "I love you so much." He whispers into my ear.

"I love you, too, Cole." I whisper back and I know in my heart and soul that this is true.

--------------------
A/N: Okay guys.

I'm thinking of ending this books in a few chapters. I feel bad for keeping you guys waiting so long. Maybe that's causing me to end this soon.

I'll stop torturing you guys. I'll start posting the next book as soon as I'm done with matric. So, January 2017.

I'm thinking about another seven to ten chapters.

Thank you for your support.

xoxo Bianca M. M.