Sunday, 25 June, 2000: Girls Weekend, Interrupted

A tip for the future, when you plan something you must always have provisions if things change. I didn't know that at the time I decided to have a Girls Weekend with Kate and Skylar.

They walked home with me on Friday - my Mom may be home, but she hasn't left The Cave unless it's for food and coffee, as I told Patrick on Monday.

I told them to pick out a bunch of VCR tapes to watch while I made the popcorn.

We watched all sorts of movies from The AristoCats to Titanic to Jurassic Park. We also watched Back to the Future and Dirty Dancing that Cole left behind from one of our movie nights.

Kate was obsessing with how cute the cats were in The AristoCats that I couldn't resist saying, "Hey, Kitten. Please go fetch some more popcorn." she glared at me.

"No."

"But I'm hungry." I whined. "And so is Cloud over here." I said pointing at Skylar. We call her that because she needs to remember to find the silver lining in every bad situation.

"Then go fetch it yourself." she said and that was the end of that conversation. And, yes, I did go fetch some more popcorn because I really was hungry.

At about nine in the evening, we were watch Titanic, there was a knock at the door.

"I'm flying, Jack. I'm-" Kitten paused the movie. I groaned, upset that that scene had to be interrupted. It's my favourite scene in the whole movie!

"Yes." I said, opening the door. "Oh, it's you! I'm sorry but it's a Girls Weekend, meaning you can't be here." I said and tried to close the door. Note the word - tried.

The guy got in and walked into the lounge. I heard the combined gasp. A squeal from Kate. An irritated groan from Skylar.

I walk in and Cole's sitting on the couch with his head on Kate's lap and his legs over Skylar's.

I laughed at the expression on Cloud's face. And everyone joined in, including Skylar.

So it didn't look like we were having a Girls Weekend. I sighed and sat down on the floor, since there was no space on the couch, and leaned my head against Cole's hard stomach.

***

On Saturday, we decided to go ice-skating but I only had enough money for three. Cole shrugged and said he could pay for himself. I felt bad, but what could I do?

He couldn't skate anyway. He was still in his casts, I think for another seven weeks. They might let him in without paying because he's not skating.

And they did. They took one look at him and let him right through.

The girls and I skated for five hours. Stopping only to tell Cole about something funny another said and for hot chocolates and slap-chips which Cole kindly provided.

***

Today, we spent watching movies again, including Tarzan so Cole knew what he was missing out on.

Skylar left around six, because she had an essay due for history the next day. Kate left at nine-ish, her Mom phoned and said it was time to come home and that she missed her daughter.

***

Now, Cole and I are relaxing on the couch. It's around ten and he still hasn't left.

"When are you going home?" I ask.

"Are you trying to get rid of me, Spider?" he answers with a question.

"No, Moley. I'm just curious because I think your mother would like you back at some point." I say. He gives me a pointed look.

"She doesn't care where I am. As long as I pass this year, she doesn't care." he says angrily. He changes the subject, "How's art?"

"Art is bloody amazing." I grin. I don't mind the subject change. He does it every time I bring up his parents and I know why.

"I've never had so much fun at school in my life, except for maybe English. I have this project due Friday. I have to draw me without actually drawing me, if you know what I mean." he nods.

"Yeah I get it. I had to do that as well in grade ten. I don't even know where mine is anymore. My mother must have chucked it out seeing she doesn't like the subject. I got to choose. She suggested French but I shut her down immediately. I told her I was choosing Art no matter what she thought." a hard look took over his face as he spoke this.

I yawn tiredly.

"I think she cares." he scoffs. "But I also think she doesn't know how to show it. She wants what's best for you, but doesn't know how to tell you that." I mumble, hardly able to keep my eyes open.

There's a pause and I think he's fallen asleep.

"Jane?" he asks.

"Yeah, Cole?" I reply.

"I love you." he says earnestly. But I can't reply because sleep is dragging me down, down, down into the depths of dreamland.

I feel light pressure at my temple. But then I'm gone. Dead to the world, so to speak.

--------------------

A/N: Okay, guys.

I don't know if I should keep saying 'okay, guys.' Please tell me if I should stop or not.

And I know it's a really short chap, please don't frigging crap me out about it.

I hope you enjoy it though. I didn't really enjoy this chap. I don't know why. Maybe because it's short and uneventful.

Oh, well. I'm hoping the next one isn't as short or as uneventful.

xoxo BiancaMM