Thirty-Two

𝐌𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐲☮︎︎☮︎︎

"Ma'am how did you get his file on Officer wright?" I cleared my throat as Marcus placed his hand on the man's shoulder. He nodded his head and walked away from us with the file in hand.

"You ready to go?" Marcus leaned against his car with his hands stuffed inside his pockets. I nodded before checking the time on my phone. I turned to get into my car but he stopped me before scratching the back of his neck.

"How did it go? I mean with Ivy." His stare was intense as she tried to read me, something he did often. I smiled at him and sighed happily.

"Her voice sounded just like I remembered and she still wears the same perfume she did back then." He smiled as he pat my shoulder causing me to roll my eyes and get inside my car. Sometimes it feels like he's the parent.

I was really afraid she wouldn't remember me or like have a bad reaction to seeing me but surprisingly so it was neither. Marcus's friends in the force had the file on all the stolen drugs and basically everything he's been doing behind the scene including selling evidence from crime scenes. If money calls his name he sure does drop everything and run.

At first they were skeptical but in the end if that isn't enough for them, Ivy has to provoke Caleb into doing something which I wasn't very fond of but Marcus said it's the only way and it'll be okay. I felt my phone vibrate in my jacket, it was a text from Ivy saying she's ready so I started my car and left for her rental.

𝐈𝐯𝐲✯✯

"So how come you finally came around after 7 years? Alice was 10 when yall disappeared without a trace so tell me where did y'all go?" Caleb questioned while sitting on the couch next to me with his hand wrapped around my thigh. He's been very touchy since we stepped foot inside the house.

"Really it's been that long? We stayed with an old friend for a while until I was able to get us a place nearby but then again why does this even matter?" He chuckled before checking his watch.

"It matters because I want to know how you did it. I had you two in the palm of my hand and you just disappeared without a goodbye." He tilted his head to the side before narrowing his eyes and looking around the room.

"Is anyone else here?" He asked curiously.

"No everyone was watching the fireworks, it's just us. And to answer your question I had my ways, my dad isn't rich without his own hiding places to lay low and you should know that."

"Right.. your father was a despicable man, even I know that. I honestly felt bad for your mother and little you but I guess in the end it didn't matter." He stood up but still had his hand touching me but this time it was wrapped tightly around my wrist.

"Come" we walked towards the kitchen before he sat me down on bar stool. He opened the cabinet and took out two wine glasses and then grabbed the bottle of champagne we had just bought this morning for tonight and pour us some.

"I don't drink- "everyone drinks Ivy. So shut the fuck up and drink it." He slid me my glass before downing his. He watched me intently as he waited for me to drink mine. After a stare off I finally gave in and drank mine as well. I never liked drinking it always set a bad taste in my mouth.

He smiled at me before placing his hand above mine before leaning in and kissing my lips roughly but before he could slip his tongue in I pulled away. He growled and slammed his hand down on the countertop before throwing the champagne bottle across the kitchen.

"It's been 7 years since I last fucked you!! Remember that slut? How you'd beg me to stop.. you looked so sexy like that especially when my dick was in your mouth while tears filled your eyes. And you won't even let me kiss you?!" His sinister laugh filled my ears and just like last time I could see the evil behind those dark brown eyes.