Chapter 56

Author's pov

Pete had been going out with Vegas for a few months now. He still lived with his parents but Vegas was free to visit anytime and the same went for him. Pete would call Vegas and the older would send someone to pick him up or he himself would go.

Vegas had been nothing but sweet to Pete. Showering him with love in every way. It was amusing to him. He woke up one day with no memory and then the next day, he was being courted by the most lovable man on earth.

Pete was still on his medication and he remembered bits and pieces from his past. He remembered his roommate, his previous job, even Porsche. All these memories came back one by one as if they were never gone in the first place. Vegas was the most enthusiastic of them all, of course. The man would kiss his forehead everytime he told him about regaining some of his memories. Although he couldn't remember anything regarding Vegas, the older never reacted negatively or made him feel bad.

Pete was baking cookies, a new hobby he acquired from Mrs. Boonrueng. After setting the whole batch into the oven he set a timer of 15 minutes on his phone and decided to watch tv for the meantime. Flopping down on the living room sofa he turned on the tv. He skimmed through channels trying to find something interesting to watch when he came accross a movie. It was one of those cliche rom-coms. The movie was already near the climax. His timer wasn't even that long so he settled with that.

Ten minutes into the movie, the misunderstanding between the characters got solved as they confessed their love to each other. The pair was at the beach and the wind rushing towards the seashore blew the female lead's hair as a few stray strands covered her eyes. The male lead gently tucked them behind her ear, making her blush and gaze at him with a look of love. It was like a silent agreement when she got on her toes, he wrapped his hands around her waist as their lips met. They kissed not caring about the eyes that lingered on them.

Pete got a weird sense of déjà vu. And the next thing his mind showed him was the fraction of a memory where he tucked a hair strand behind Vegas's ear as Vegas leaned in to kiss him.

"I like you Pete...so much. I'm afraid what I feel for you is much more than just like"

The words echoed in his ears. So familiar, so affectionate. His body stopped all movements and his eyes started stinging. He...remembered. He remembered!!!

He gasped as his phone started vibrating, indicating that the cookies were done. A sense of bliss washed over him. He felt his body float to the kitchen as he wore a thick glove and turned off the oven. He then took the tray of cookies out, placing them on the kitchen counter.

No way. No way. No way!!!
He skipped with joy, fishing out his phone, he dialled the number of the first person he wanted to break this news to. Giddiness tickled his tummy as he waited for the other person to pick up.

"Hey love"

Oh that same sweet voice, full of love. Pete refrained his voice from shaking.

"Are you busy?" He asked, feeling like a bashful newly wed wife.

"I'm never too busy for you"

God he loves that cheekiness. Pete couldn't help the giggle that bubbled up in his throat. He heard a chuckle from the other line.

"Can you..come over today? I baked cookies" He said, sounding like a schoolgirl who has a crush on her senior.

"For me?"

Pete could hear the smile in Vegas's voice. It only made the butterflies in his stomach to go even crazier. He grinned to himself like a fool as he muttered, "For you".

 He grinned to himself like a fool as he muttered, "For you"

Their smiles...😔💘