𝐎𝐍𝐄

༺——————————————————༻
"A few things from the past."
༺——————————————————༻

𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐖𝐎 𝐃𝐀𝐘𝐒 𝐈𝐍 𝐀 𝐂𝐀𝐑, they had finally made it to Los Angeles. Richard pulled in to the driveway of the new house, he wasn't kidding about the more money thing. "Holy shit.." Lorelei said looking at their new house, saying it a big was an understatement.

"Charlie, look." Lorelei said waking him up. Charlie slowly opened his eyes and sat up, he looked out the window in awe. "Holy moly that's a big house." "Do you like it?" Richard asked turning to face the backseat.

Charlie immediately nodded his head yes as Lorelei reluctantly agreed. Sure it was her dream to live in LA and have a big house, but she missed her friends. "Okay kiddos, hop out we've got lots of unpacking to do!" Jennifer exclaimed, getting out of the car.

The moving truck had just pulled up as they got out and stretched. "Wow, perfect timing." Richard said walking over to the truck. He talked to the men in the cab of the truck before they immediately begun bringing boxes in.

While their dad dealt with the movers, their mom opened up the trunk and pulled out boxes that hadn't made it into the truck. "Here, this is yours." She said handing a box each to Lorelei and Charlie. "I'm picking a room first." Lorelei said as they walked up the driveway.

"Okay" Charlie said following her inside. The two walked upstairs exploring the whole house, about every room had its own bathroom and walk-in closet. Charlie had split with Lorelei once he had found the room he wanted.

She walked the hallway checking the rooms before she found one that had caught her eye. A room with an elevated corner and a small balcony that looked over the street. She set her box down and sat down in the corner looking around the big empty room.

Her phone went off and she opened up instagram, it was showing her kids from the area. Lorelei scrolled through the list as two of the movers brought in all her things.

About an hour later Richard came in to put her bed together, "it's not so bad Lorelei, I promise." She nodded as she stood up to finally start unpacking. She took out all her books and placed them on the shelf in the corner.

Then she moved on to the closet, taking two big boxes into the small walk-in closet. By the time she had found a place for all her shoes and clothes, her bed was put together. "Thanks dad.." Lorelei spoke in a quiet manner. He said nothing but hugged her and walked out of the room.

Lorelei sighed as she made her bed, it was only 5:30 and she was exhausted. "Charlie!, Lori! Come downstairs please!" Their mom called from downstairs. They stopped what they were doing and made their way downstairs to their parents sitting on the floor.

"Yeah?" Lorelei asked stopping just in front of them. "Well your mom and I decided to go out for dinner since our kitchen doesn't work, how does that sound?" Richard asked looking at Lorelei for a positive reaction.

Lorelei slowly nodded as Charlie was nodding his head immediately and asking where they were going. Richard sighed as a sign of hope as he told his kids to get in the car, as dinner was going to be a 'surprise'.

He took them to a small dinner downtown by reseda, they walked in a sat down at a booth. As they waited for menus Richard had spotted a man with blonde hair, sitting a eating a burger as he sipped on a beer.

"Johnny?" Richard asked looking at him. The man whose name was learnt to be Johnny looked over at the four of them, not believing his eyes. "Jesus, Richie?" Suddenly Johnny had caught Lorelei's attention, he looked just like her dad.

"Uh dad, who's that?" She questioned as the two men stared at each other in disbelief. "Man what the hell!, come sit with us." Richard said scooting over in the booth. Johnny had reluctantly joined them, as the waitress came by with menus.

"Here you go, anything to drink?" She asked looking at the five. "Can I get a coke?" "Beer." "Iced tea please." "Root beer" "beer for me too." She nodded and walked to the back as Richard struck up conversation.

"So uh how ya been?" He asked looking at him. Johnny said nothing but licked his lips before finally speaking, "I've been better, what are you doing back in town?" He asked sarcastically. Richard scratched the back of his neck as the rest of the table looked at the two in silence.

"Uh who even are you?" Charlie asked lifting one of his brows, "Charlie! Don't be rude!" Jennifer scolded. "Yeah no, he's got a point." Lorelei backed him up, Johnny sighed as Richard answered for him.

"He's my brother, your uncle." Lorelei and Charlie looked at the adults in disbelief. "What the hell." Lorelei said looking between the two. "Was this some sort of planned out skit?" Lorelei questioned. No one said anything as the waitress brought drinks over.

Lorelei was bombarding them with questions as Johnny took a sip of his beer, "Jesus Christ do you know how to stop bitchin'?" "Johnny!" Jennifer scolded. "You're one to talk, sitting alone drinking before my dad called you over."

Lorelei shot back crossing her arms. Johnny raised his eyebrows, almost impressed with her comeback. "Impressive, what? You get it from your dad?" Lorelei rolled her eyes and said nothing as Richard began talking to him.

"So what have you been up to lately?" "I have my own dojo, I opened it up to teach a little wimp to defend himself." Johnny said taking another sip of his beer. "Dojo? Like karate?" Charlie asked suddenly interested in the conversation.

"Yeah. What, do you want to learn or somethin'?" He asked looking back at him. "Uh duh, it's cool I've seen a bunch of movies." Johnny raised his eyebrows and looked over to Richard. "Seriously? You want to teach the 11 year old how to fight Cobra Kai style?" He questioned looking at his brother.

"Yeah, maybe your daughter too. She can learn to back up her mouth." Johnny said glancing over to Lorelei. "I'm not doing karate." She said flatly, "please, please, pleasee Lori!" Charlie pleaded, holding on to the sleeve of her hoodie.

Lorelei sighed, "I guess so, for Charlie. And only if dad lets." Now everyone was looking at Richard waiting for an answer. "Fuck, fine! You two can do karate with your uncle." Charlie got excited and hugged Lorelei.

"THAT WAS TOO MUCH FOOD TO EAT IN ONE NIGHT." Lorelei said putting down a napkin. After a rough start to dinner they had started to get to know Johnny, understanding him and inevitably enjoying his presence.

"Well, we should get going. I'll give you our address." Richard said pulling out a pen and a napkin, writing their address and handing it to Johnny. he took it, said his goodbyes and left in an older red car.

"What a night." Jennifer said as they all got up and left. They all returned to their new home for a good night's sleep after an eventful day, Charlie falling asleep in the car.