𝐒𝐈𝐗

༺——————————————————༻
"It's the little things that matter."
༺——————————————————༻

THE NEXT DAY LORI RECEIVED A CALL FROM HER UNCLE. He had called to let her and Charlie know that training was back on and to get ready. After the incident at the dance Johnny had decided to stop the training because of Miguel's mom.

But over the phone he explained how Miguel would be back and he decided all of them should be taken up to the next level of karate. Their training was starting today, they would be going for an almost 5k run up to a viewing point.

"Charlie! Get ready! We're going to the dojo!" Lori called from her room. After that she made her way downstairs to her dad's office to ask to use one of their cars. Lori knocked on the closed door as she waited to be let in.

"Yeah, come in." "So uh, I was wonder if I could take the bmw to the dojo since you and mom are busy.." Richard sighed as he looked at his daughter, Lori had gotten her license a while ago but he couldn't find himself to let her drive back home.

But she was right, he was only in a five minute break from his next meeting and Jennifer was away at work. They were extremely busy. Richard thought for a moment before he sighed and tossed her the keys, putting all his faith in her.

Lori smiled, "oh my god! Thanks so much dad!" Then Lori was out of his office, "make sure you're careful!" He called after her before returning to his meetings. Lori quickly changed into active wear and grabbed a water bottle

"I'll be in the car, hurry it up Charlie!" Lori yelled as she walked out, closing the door. She started the car, blasting the ac and connecting her phone. After what seemed forever Charlie had finally come out of the house.

He hopped in the front, bucking up as Lori played her music and drove to the dojo. "Uh why are we in running clothes?" He asked, looking at Lori intensely waiting for an answer. "That's a stupid question, we're doing a run with Miguel for training."

"Ohh, we'll ya could of just said that." He scoffed, rolling his eyes. "Jesus you're sassy." Charlie said nothing but mocked her in an overly squeaky voice. "Watch it buddy, or you'll be walking."

His eyes went wide as they pulled into the parking lot. Lori turned off the car and locked the doors behind her as she walked into the dojo with Charlie. "Finally, you two are slow as shit. Just like your dad." Johnny spoke looking at them.

"Uh sensei, are we all running?" "Yes now get going, you're wasting time just standing around like idiots." The three nodded as they put down unnecessary items and began their run.

AN HOUR AND A HALF LATER THE THREE HAD MADE IT BACK TO THE DOJO, just to find it empty and their stuff outside. "For fuck sakes." Lori mumbled under her breath.

"Hop in, I'll give you a ride home" Lori sighed as she unlocked the car, the three getting in. The car ride to Miguel's was a little awkward, Miguel sitting there looking out the window and Charlie staring at the two in the back.

"Alright we're here, see you Miguel." "Yeah, see you Lori.." Miguel spoke as he got out and waved as she pulled out. "Can we get ice cream?" Charlie asked looking at Lori through the rear view mirror.

Lori looked at him and sighed, "yeah, why not." A big smile plastered across his face as she continued driving until they came across a small ice cream shop by a park. "Alrighty, let's go." Lori spoke, taking the keys out of the car.

Lori had realized she hadn't really spent much time with her brother, she had always been occupied with her friends. But ever since moving she hadn't really had friends, just her small group and her brother.

She stood next to Charlie as he ordered a banana split, waiting to order her own. Suddenly in the corner of her eye she spotted Eli, he sat on a bench near a pond alone, eating an ice cream. "And for you?" She snapped back to reality, finally ordering.

"I'll get one scoop of the hazelnut coffee please." "Alright, that's all?" "Yes." Lori paid as she and Charlie waited for their ice cream. "Here you go." "Thank you." Lori grabbed the banana split and handed it to Charlie.

"Come with me." Lori grabbed Charlie's hand and made her way over to Eli. "Hi Eli" she smiled. He looked up at her, his face lighting up at the sight of her. "Oh hi Lori" "mind if we sit?" "Oh no go ahead."

"Actually Lori, can I go sit by the ducks?" Lori looked at him and laughed as she nodded. "Go ahead Charlie, just don't get too close." He nodded and ran towards the pond full of ducks, leaving the two alone.

"So what are you doing here?" Lori asked, "oh uh I had plans with Demetri and he cancelled." "Oh well that sucks" "yeah, and what about you?" "Just some training with my brother and Miguel, Charlie wanted ice cream."

"Oh, that's cool. I'm guessing for karate?" "Yeah, you know I really think you should join." "I don't know about that" Eli spoke, scratching his neck as he looked down at his shoes. "It might just help you, it helped Miguel."

"I'll think about it but I don't know." Lori moved a little closer, "okay, that's fine." She smiled at him, red creeping onto his face. Suddenly a Lori's phone went off, she pulled it out to find a text from Her dad.

"Oh shit, it's my dad. I gotta go, but I'll see you later okay? Text me." She smiled getting up and going to get Charlie. "Oh okay, bye Lori!" He called out as they left. She smiled at him as she left the parking lot.

The whole ride back, Charlie had a grin plastered on his face as he sat looking at his sister. "Do not look at me like that Charlie." "What? I didn't do anything!" He spoke with a laugh as Lori got red.

"Whatever you little dork." She smiled. Maybe Charlie was right about his observation, maybe Lori had begun to take a liking to Eli Moskowitz.