𝐓𝐖𝐎

༺——————————————————༻
"To new beginnings."
༺——————————————————༻

AFTER AN EVENTFUL NIGHT, AND A ROUGH NIGHTS SLEEP, it was time for the Hart siblings to start their first day of school. Lorelei was up earlier than usual, it was five in the morning and she stood on her small balcony, watching the sunrise.

She closed her eyes, taking in the crisp morning breeze as she heard someone come in her room. It was Charlie in his pyjamas, he walked out to the balcony and stood beside his sister. "What are you doing up? It's really early."

"I don't know, I just kinda woke up. I guess I'm nervous.." he said looking out at the sunrise. "Oh, well trust me, you've got nothing to worry about." Lorelei said looking at him. They stood in a comfortable silence for a while until Lorelei checked her phone, 6:00.

"Go get ready now, you don't wanna be late." She said lightly pushing him into her room and out the door. Charlie nodded as he went back to his room, Lorelei closed the doors and walked over to her closet.

LORELEI WALKED INTO HER NEW SCHOOL, everything was so different compared to school's in Minnesota. She made her way to the office to grab her schedule as a brunette girl bumped into her.

"Oh my gosh, I'm sorry!" She apologized. "Oh it's fine" "I'm Sam" she introduced smiling, "Lorelei." Sam nodded as Lorelei walked away. "Uh, Lorelei Hart. Grade ten." "right, just a second I'll grab your schedule."

Lorelei stood waiting for it as a brunette boy with a scar on his lip walked in sniffling. Lorelei glanced over to him and he noticed, immediately turning away. "Here you go, sorry for the wait." The office lady smiled.

"Thank you" she smiled walking away, taking one last look at the boy. Lorelei brushed it off and went to find her new locker. Once she had eventually found it in the one of many hallways, she opened it up and put away some of her books.

She now had to rush to her first class, Lorelei ran through the hallways trying to find her classroom. Eventually she had found it and walked in as the teacher was talking, "so that's what we're going to be-," the teacher paused looking at her.

"Uh sorry I couldn't find the classroom." The teacher sighed, "take a seat." He motioned to the desks. Lorelei nodded and made her way over to the nearest empty desk, sitting next to a skinny dark haired boy with braces.

The teacher immediately began talking again, discussing his expectations for the year. The boy seemed nervous and like he had something to say but couldn't find the words. "Hi, I'm Lorelei. Lori for short." She said with a small friendly smile.

The boy seemed a little relieved as he introduced himself, "hi I'm Miguel" he said lightly stuttering. She nodded and focused her attention back onto the teacher who had yet to stop talking.

Once the bell rang everyone was quick to get out of there, to escape the teacher and his dull voice. Lorelei got up and grabbed her bag leaving her new seat partner in the classroom by himself.

He had tried to call out to her but she simply ignored him and ventured on to find her next class. Luckily for Lorelei her class was a few doors down from the first, she was on time and glad.

She walked in and took a seat in the back alone as kids started flooding in and taking up chairs. She sighed to herself and put in her air pods ignoring everything around her.

Once the second bell rung class had started and Lorelei's plan had worked, she was sitting alone. Her second teacher of the day was less talkative, she got straight to the point and started handing out papers.

"AirPods out." She said looking down at Lorelei. She sighed and took them out as she picked up the paper to see what it was about. It was an assignment on the first day, "great." Lorelei sighed as she put it in her binder.

This class had felt so much slower than the first, something felt different. Lorelei sat there listening to the teacher talk about the contents on the papers she had handed out.

LUCKILY LUNCH HAD ROLLED AROUND, Lorelei walked into the cafeteria with her lunch. She looked around the room, spotting the boy she had sat next to. He immediately saw her and waved her over, "hey! Lori over here!"

Part of her was glad he had called her over, she felt as if she was stupid standing there. She quickly walked over to the table and took a seat across from the boy from the office. "Hi." She said awkwardly.

"How was your day so far?" Miguel asked starting up a conversation. "Oh uh it was fine, just a lot of teachers talking their tongues off." She half joked. Miguel nodded with a smile as the other two sat in silence.

Lorelei got quiet and began eating her food as the table sat in silence. "I don't care if Yasmin is the meanest girl in school, I'd kill all three of you just to get her to spit in my face." The raven haired boy said, continuing whatever conversation they had before she sat down.

"Yeah well if you never make a move then you'll never have a shot with her" Miguel spoke eagerly. "That's probably not the best approach on that, trust me girls are cruel." Lorelei said looking over at Yasmin.

"True, but I'll never suffer a humiliating rejection. I'm at peace with my depression." He said to Miguel completely ignoring her. Suddenly Miguel got up, making his way over to their table before he stopped and immediately turned back.

"Huh? What's he doing?" She asked looking at the two for an answer. "Isn't it obvious? He likes Sam." The raven haired boy spoke, taking a bite of his food. "Well it seems like she's already got her eye on someone."

"So how'd it go?" He asked sarcastically as soon as Miguel sat back down. "Whatever Demetri." "It's whatever Miguel, she's just one of them. Besides it looks like she's interested in someone else." Lorelei said patting his back.

Miguel shook his head but said nothing, knowing she was right. Sam did have someone and she was just one of those mean, popular girls.