SEVENTEEN

"I don't get it. Why do you have to fake break up with Timothy while you are dating Chris?" Cassie asked, taking a bite of her sandwich.

Unfortunately, it was a school day and Lana had to go. She had avoided it for a while but now she had to get back into routine. Meaning school.

Lana took a bite of her sandwich. She had to make it herself since no one was awake. It's harder than it looks to make a sandwich with one hand. "Then I'm technically not cheating on him with Chris"

"But dating Chris is like dating your uncle?" Cassie pointed out.

"Who's dating their uncle?" Zion asked, walking over to the table with Timothy.

"Lana is" Timothy informed Zion about the whole Lana and Chris situation.

Lana was deep in thought. Has much as she liked Chris, she still wanted Matt. He was harder to get through to since he only just started to talk to her and, dating Matt meant dumping Chris making the whole situation messy.

But Lana liked messy.

"You know Lana. Dating uncles is like, weird. How could Timothy ever love you?" Zion joked.

Cassie punched him in the arm. "Hey, don't say that to her. She's trying"

Lana smiled. "Chris isn't my uncle"

"He kinda is" Zion fought back.

"Is not"

"Is too"

Zion and Lana fought like that for a while. They normally bickered for fun so this wasn't new.

"You know Zion. Let Lana date her very hot uncle, while I date you" Cassie swooped in, stealing a kiss from her boyfriend.

Timothy looked away in disgust. "You wanna kiss Lana? I've been deprived" He said with puppy eyes.

"And cheat on Chris. Yes please" Lana cut herself off but kissing Timothy.

Everyone in the cafeteria went "ooo"

Zion, Timothy, Cassie, and Lana flipped them off and continued.

--

"Matt. I need you to drive me somewhere" Lana demanded as she walked into the kitchen after school.

"Don't you have your car?" Matt asked, brushing Lana off and focusing back on his phone.

"That's the problem. It broke down. I need to pick it up from the mechanics"

Lana wished she was lying but she wasn't.

It was embarrassing. She had to walk home from seven streets away, in her 'school' clothes knowing if she went to Tiktok, she would see her face. Not that this was related but that was all Lana was thinking.

"How does your car break down?" Matt asked like it was a smart question.

"Do I look like I know shit about cars? Just drive me to the fucking mechanic's geez" Lana yelled stomping down the stairs to the garage.

Matt sat there confused. After a minute he got up and went downstairs, where Lana was sitting in the passenger seat. "Hurry up Matty"

"Do not call me Matty"

--

The car ride was about half an hour. Half an hour of torture.

Matt was trying to focus on the road but Lana kept skipping every single song in Matt's library.

"Can you choose one song already?" Matt whined.

Lana shook her head, "you have a shit taste in music"

Matt ignored that comment. He didn't need to hear it.

"You know," Lana said after a while, "you would be more tolerable if you liked me. Cause I like you, you just don't like me"

"What the fuck are you on about? I can’t speak jibberish"

"Chris speaks it. Anyways, as I was saying. You didn't speak to me for what, two weeks. You don't like me, but me, however. All of a sudden you started talking to me when I was dressed as a stripper in your kitchen."

Matt pulled over into a car park on the side of the road. Once the car was in park he turned to face Lana. "Why were you dressed as a stripper?" That question had been toying on his mind for a couple of weeks now.

"To get your attention. Why else. And-" Lana cut herself off before she could say anything else. She figured Matt didn't need to know what happened after that.

"Well you got it alright"

Lana smiled at this comment. Her plan had worked. "So why didn't you swoop in?" She asked.

"Cause Chris is head over heels for you"

"And you aren't?"

Matt paused. He had to say what he wanted to say in the least weirdest way possible. Not that that was achievable. This situation was already weird enough.

"Knew it. You love me" Lana cut in before Matt could say anything.

"I don't love you" Matt spat out.

Lana laughed and died of laughter. "You can't not love me, I'm amazing. I'm the queen in most people's eyes and you think you don't love me?" Lana was gasping for air now.

Matt didn't know what to say. The mechanics weren't even close. They had twenty minutes away. 

"Speechless hey. You a man of not many words" Lana was trying to be annoying now. It was working. Matt was getting irritated.

"Shut the fuck up"

Lana wanted to take this to her advantage. Angry men meant angry sex. And she and Timothy were experts at that.

"Do you want to have sex with me Matt? Cause I'll do it right now."

Matt turned his head to Lana and his eyes were wide. He looked like a deer in headlights. "I do not want to have sex with you, You are my brother's girlfriend"

"But you open to the option?"

"NO" Matt screamed. He was the definition of gobsmacked.

"Geez, no need for screaming."

Matt drove out of the car park. He needed to get Lana out of the car. Now.

"OK, so you are gonna play hard to get. I see how it is"

"I'm not playing anything," Matt said, annoyance filling his voice.

"You're playing something. You're playing with my heart"

"What the fuck"