Chapter I

Percy Jackson belongs to Rick Riordan, and Avatar: The Last Airbender belongs to Nickelodeon.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Thoughts"

"Speaking"

This fanfic is an Alternate Universe (AU)

Explanations will appear as the chapters progress.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

You have realized that things are never the way you want them to be, for example, sometimes you are late to attend work, a school, a meeting with family and friends.

It's getting late because you lose your keys, you lose the money you had saved for gifts, the homework that if you don't present the teacher will fail you, well, some people call that having bad luck, karma, chakras or whatever way there is to call that, some say that we pay for the sins we committed in our past lives or that the sins of the father are passed on to the children.

Well, there is some truth in that belief, in my case it is my father's sins or so I like to think, since I never met him since I was rescued and adopted by the fire lord Iroh, it turns out that after a terrible war against monsters that no nation in this world knows from where they appeared, they just did it, I'll give them a history lesson...

Water, earth, fire, and air, long ago the four nations lived in harmony, but everything changed when beasts, monsters, and calamities appeared...

Rather, they slaughtered, ate, attacked, dismembered, and burned everybody, but you know, that's not the version you tell your grandchildren before you go to bed

... Only the Master Avatar of the Four Elements could stop them, but when the world needed him most, he disappeared...

This was a little more than 100 years ago, it is not known if he died or did not want to continue with a destiny that he did not choose, You know that it would be funny, that being the master of the four elements he ends up frozen in a storm, that is unfortunate hahaha...

Currently the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom are the main powers in this world, they both keep the threat of monsters and stuff at bay so there is no war between nations or at least that's what the general population believes, we enter a kind of ultra secret internal cold war. What they both seek (mainly my adoptive father's brother, Lord Ozai, is cruel with a serious inferiority complex and a very high resentment for not being chosen to be the next fire lord, who by the way wants the throne, but more on that later) is to conquer the other and be the owner of..., Well... the world, do you have any questions?

++++++++++++++++++

POV 3rd person

"Yes, I have one, are you really going to give that essay to your history teacher Percy," a black-haired boy asked a green-eyed one.

"Of course! "What's wrong with Zuko?" replied the green-eyed young man known as Percy. "You think I should have mentioned about Fire Lord Iroh's addiction to mahjong, but I thought that after losing his clothes in that game with the minister of the earth kingdom it had become a state secret.