Chapter 10

Disclaimer: Percy Jackson belongs to Rick Riordan, and Avatar: The Last Airbender belongs to Nickelodeon.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Thoughts"

"Speaking"

This fanfic is an Alternate Universe (AU)

Explanations will appear as the chapters progress.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Percy's Point of View

I couldn't stop thinking about my last dream and the letter sent from my brother, it's not uncommon to receive a letter from him, but it is unusual for him to send me a gift. And before the first rays of the sun were seen on the horizon he was already awake, because he hadn't slept all night, I was just thinking over and over again about the strange dream I'd had.

Calmly, I got out of bed covered in soft sheets and headed for the bathroom. The morning routine was not simply a mechanical act. It was a carefully crafted ritual... Or so my father told me. As the water poured down on me, I closed my eyes and let the soothing sensation envelop me. At that moment my mind had a moment of serenity as the competition drove me crazy.

"Only an idiot wouldn't realize that this 'woman' isn't going to cause problems, is it my subconscious telling me something? Do I have traumas from my childhood?" I said out loud my thoughts were taking over me, maybe I won't have peace of mind like this again after the tournament...

............

Once dressed and revitalized I left the palace, the cool breeze caressing my face as I walked along the rocky paths, every firm step I took reflecting the determination that burned within me

Arriving at the outer gates that delimit the palace, I waited a few moments to do stretching exercises. Fluid and controlled movements, like a dance with the light breeze that surrounded me, I stretched my muscles as physical preparation against the big tests that are coming and I would prefer not to hurt myself, after all I didn't want to enter the damn tournament.

With my body ready for the challenge, I arrived at the central square of Ciudad Palacio. The hustle and bustle of the city echoed around me as I made my way through the crowd. The square, a lively place where citizens converge to celebrate important events, was surrounded by majestic buildings that spoke of the greatness of the city... but if you ask me they are only to show off to visitors from other nations.

"There seem to be a lot of competitors this year," I said as I watched more people arrive at the square.

"Percy! I'm glad you're here, I thought you wouldn't come," I heard a familiar voice, before a hand grabbed my shoulder friendly.