Favouritism

A/N

Okay, first fic, locked and loaded. This is them in the past, when they were still studying in Gusu for 2 years.

In short, Wei Wuxian is causing mischief, and Jiang Cheng gets caught in between. 

Enjoy!

~Felix

————————————————————————————————————

Jiang Cheng cannot believe what is happening. He refuses to believe what is happening.

It was nearing midnight, Jiang Cheng was standing idle in Cloud Recesses, next to some old tree he found near his room. The situation was simple, really. Wei Wuxian had decided all those damn Lan rules didn't bother him(he'd been punished enough by Madam Yu), and went out to get himself a nice, large bottle of Emperor's Smile. And, simply believed his darling brother, who he so lovingly explained the situation to, wouldn't mind and would be willing to wait out in the cold for hundreds of hours to make sure he didn't get caught. How simply wonderful.

But then again, of course Jiang Cheng minds. He wasn't very used to this cold, nor was he able to sleep most nights anyway. And yet, here he is, waiting for Wei Wuxian in the cold dark night, risking himself a punishment(he really didn't like the thought of having to write 3000 rules over and over until his hands start to bleed)just so he can come back safely with his precious alcohol. What was he, a guard dog

Jiang Cheng sighed, shaking his head. His brother really was going to be the death of him. Why did he even agree to this?

"I promise nothing will happen," Wei Wuxian said in confidence. "Won't you help out your ShiXiong  just once? Just this once, then I'll never cause chaos again."

He put his hand to his chest dramatically, as if swearing an oath.

"You really think I believe that? Causing trouble is like breathing to you. There's no way you WON'T cause trouble," was Jiang Cheng's exsasperated reply. Why couldn't he just use Nie Huisang instead?

"ChengCheng please! Alcohol is also breathing to me! My life depends on this," Wei Wuxian dramatically fell on the bed and coughed. He groaned and groaned about dying and medicine made of alcohol, until out of extreme irritation, Jiang Cheng finally agreed to do as he said.

And thus, here he is.

 That idiot Wei Wuxian! Why must he drag him into every stupid situation of his? Jiang Cheng really needs to learn to point blank say No. Jiang Cheng sighed again, his head hurts. He brings up a hand to rub his temple. This was the last time, he told himself, that he would ever help Wei Wuxian. The last.

And why was he taking so long? He had left at about 10, it had been 2 hours. Jiang Cheng groans in frustration. Had he really been staring at a tree for that long? Damnit We Wuxian! You better hurry up, or I'll break your legs, he whispered under his breath. If Wei Wuxian didn't show up in ten more minutes, Jiang Cheng was going back in to his room. He was done.

"Is something the matter?" Jiang Cheng jumped. He was about to swing one at the intruder of his thoughts, when he turned around and saw that it was none other that Lan Xichen, the second jade of the Lan Clan. In other words, his senior.

Oh crap, Jiang Cheng thought, I'm screwed.

"Zewu-jun," Jiang Cheng said.

"Hello, Young Master Jiang. I hope you don't mind me prying, but as I'm pretty certain it's against the rules, and it is my duty to, is there a reason you are awake so, late?" Lan Xichen asked, his expression mild and not one of accusation.