Chapter 3: Target

"Gaara," Sasori calls again as we walk deeper into the Leaf's border. Gaara? Who is that? I think Sasori might have drinken some tainted blood. I can't sense anyone else in the forest besides us. There are a few humans nearby, but Sasori couldn't possibly be referring to one. Sasori stares at the treetops as if he is expecting someone.

A few moments later, a red haired boy jumps down from a tree. Where the hell did he come from?

"What took so long," Deidara questions accusingly staring at the boy, "you're late!"

The red headed boy looks down at Deidara,"I'm the Kazekage." He stares blankly at him,"I can't just come when you summon me like some pet." Deidara laughs. The boy flicks his hand waving him away, "unlike you I have a postion to up-hold." Deidara smirks at him and Sasori shakes his head at both of them. "I was tending to some urgent business," he says letting his eyes wander away from them.

Hmm, so he posses charka protect? I can sense his charka now. So this Gaara, he's a pure blood like us. His charka is strong, almost as strong as mine. He's around my age too. Definitely worthy of holding the title of Kazekage, interesting.

"I'm assuming you know more about this mission than any of us," Sasori says raising his eyebrow, "you've always been Pein's favorite red head."*

I glare at them all. Are me and Suigestu invisible? I believe introductions are in order!

The boy glares, "I do know, but only what Konan* told me." Sasori laughs and nods. Then Gaara glares at Sasori angrily, "why her, why now?"

Sasori looks at him a little shocked, "I don't know, calm down, I didn't decide this."

He walks away putting his hand on his head obviously frustrated, "I don't understand why he wants her dead now." He whips around turning back to Sasori, "all these years and now he decides she needs to be killed."

Sasori raises an eyebrow, "sounds like you are familiar with her."

Gaara looks at Sasori like he's an idiot, "what do you think?"** Sasori shrugs. "Who are they," Gaara looks at me and Sui semi-interested.

Sasori turns to us momentarily, "Sasuke and Suigestu, the newest recruits, they're in charge of killing her." Sasori turns back and gestures to himself and Deidara, "we're just the escorts."

Gaara looks at us and then to Sasori smirking, " really?"

Sasori raises an eyebrow in confusion, "what's so funny?"

Gaara chuckles, "she'll probably kill them first."

Sasori's eyes widen, "she's that strong?"

Gaara stops laughing but continues smirking, "all joking aside, yes, she is strong."

He really thinks I'd be beaten by a half-blood?! I know he senses my charka strength, yet he still thinks I'd be be beaten and killed by a mere halfbreed?

Gaara turns walking away, "she's an elite-rank Anbu." He turns back slowly, "Lady Tsunade's most praised apprentice, the commander and leader of the Anbu, a renowned medical ninja, and she's half pure-blood and has the has original Anbu bloodline***."

"You might actually know of her," Gaara says looking at us, "does the name the Black Blossom mean anything to anyone?"****

Suigestu's jaw drops, "you can't be serious." I stare at both of them confused. Gaara nods with a grin. "She, no way," Suigestu says in disbelief.

Sasori looks Gaara intrigued. Deidara looks amused. Am I the only one who doesn't know who the hell or what the hell that is?

"She is the Black Blossom," Gaara says looking at them with a grin.