Chapter 4: What Lies Within

If you haven't already started reading it already, and you're a fan of Soul Eater, please check out my book Switch. Please and thank you. To le SasuSaku now~

---------------------------------------------

"Sakura, you shouldn't go that way."

"Yeah, you want to die sooner than you have have to?"

"Both of you quiet," I scream mentally, "I'll do what I want, it's my choice, I'll choose what I want to do!"

"But....Sakura....we're also..."

"Tell her, ningen." (ningen=human)

"If you want her to know so bad, YOU tell her kyūketsuki!" (kyūketsuki=vampire)

"I don't care, but the minute she loses her will, I'll take control and kill everyone and everything."

"You wouldn't..."

"It's what I've been waiting for, WHY WOULDN'T I???" The second voice starts laughing sadistically.

The only one to be doing any killing is going to be me, I angrily retort trying to get that girl to shut up. Why the hell are these two in my head anyway?

She stops laughing. "Don't be so sure about that honey," she says and then chuckles.

I continue running and I'm getting closer and closer. Hopefully these two idiots are somewhere nearby, so I can kill them or something. I want them out of my head!!!

"Sakura you're out matched..."

I'm not going to fight, I mentally snap back.

"Hmph, you actually think you, A HALFBREED, can actually just waltz in there with 5 pure-bloods and not expect to fight?"

I remain silent. I don't know. I mean it's Gaara-sama....and I don't know. Pure-bloods dispise half-breeds but Gaara doesn't. So maybe they don't either. Who are they?

"She's stupider than I ever thought!"

Shut up, I mentally yell, I'll go where I please, with or without a fight.

"But the odds of you winning this fight is slim to none Sakura..."

I'm not going to fight them for the last time, I scream mentally. Whoever the hell, they are, they're as annoying as hell! I'm a few yards away from them now. I can sense them, somehow I don't think, I'll be able to go greet them with a fight from at least ONE of them, if not ALL of them....except Gaara....

"Sakura, I can't risk this..."

What? I fall to the ground blacking out again...

~Some time later~

"Sakura"                  "This way."                                 "Wake up!"

I sit up and look around me. It's pitch black, "who are you?" I call out standing up in the darkness, "where are you?"

I hear a snicker. "Come over here."

"Over where," I ask turning towards the direction of the voice.

"Here." A spotlight shines on a black cage. Odd... I walk towards it. It looks like a bird cage. I can see a perch and everything.... I walk towards the cage, it's huge..... I look inside and I see a girl sitting on the perch with her back facing me. The girl has long dark pink wavy hair and is wearing a long black dress.

"Hello," I say eyeing the girl from behind. Why is she sitting in a cage?

She leans backward on the perch facing me upside down, "open the door please." I gasp a bit in shock, that girl, she looks like me.

"What door," I ask walking around the cage. It's huge, and why is she in there anyway? Why does she look like me? I walk to what I can only assume is the cage door. On the door, there is a pink padlock.

"You have the key, open it," the girl coos as she slips off her perch and walks towards the door.

"I don't have the key," I say confused. I don't have a key. I just woke up here in the dark. I haven't found any key.

She points to my chest through the bars, "use it Sakura," she smiles, "please open the door." I look down on my chest and my cherry blossom seal necklace is now a pink key.