Chapter 14

My fingers pressed on to the keyboard swiftly as I thought about the words to put in the email.

I was currently in a cafe that was a few blocks away from my hotel. Since I saw that it had good ratings online, I decided to work there. I was writing about my thoughts and comments about the performance I saw earlier this week. I didn't want to sound too rude but also not too sweet. Even though I've done this multiple times, I'm still learning my way into it.

I sipped on to my espresso and looked at the view in front of me.

Admiring the view, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I peaked over to see who it was and was pleasantly surprised to see Matteo.

"Matteo! It's so nice to see you here.." I beamed with a smile as I gave him a hug.

He returned the gesture and sat down on one of the chairs.

"I'm glad to see you here too, Rika! You have good taste in coffee." He winked.

I chuckled.

"It's my first time here but they do have good coffee." I admit.

He peaked over my laptop with a curious look on his face.

"Oh.. I'm writing a review about the performance I told you guys about earlier this week." I explained.

He nodded his head in acknowledgment.

"Hard worker. Good!" He approved with a thumbs up.

I giggled at his support.

"Grazie!" I smiled.

"Oh! Italian.. You can speak?" He questioned.

"Non parlo italiano.. (I don't speak Italian.)" I scratched the back of my head as I smiled sheepishly.

He looked at me with a shocked face.

"Yes you can! You have a good accent." He complimented me.

I chuckled, thanking him.

After a few moments, someone came in to the conversation.

"That was actually good.." Someone said in Japanese.

I turned around to see Yuki.

"Oh! Hello, Ishikawa-san." I bowed at him.

"How are you, Kobayashi-san?" He bowed back as he sat himself on the other chair.

"I'm fine! You?" I smiled.

"I'm fine as well.." He nodded his head.

"Yes, I'll just enjoy the scenery while I listen to my two Japanese friends talk.. It's okay, continue." Matteo crossed his arms as he looked away from us.

We laughed at his episode.

Matteo reminded me of my brother with his dramatic moments.

"I should cast you in my next show." I joked.

"I will gladly do it." He said as he crossed his legs.

We continued to laugh at the tall, lanky man acting like a diva.

Yuki noticed that I had my laptop open, seeing that I was writing something.

"You must be busy.. Sorry, we'll take our leave now." He apologized as he stood up.

"No, no.. It's alright! I was about to take a lunch break anyways since I've been working all morning." I assured them.

"Are you sure?" Yuki asked, sitting back down slowly.