1 | do you want an answer or the expensive bottle of wine?

S1 E1

S1 E1

pilot

"KIDS, BREAKFAST!" Claire yells. "Kids?" She sighs. "Phil, would you get them?"

Phil, busy playing video games on his phone, leaves the refrigerator door open.

"Yeah. Just a sec." He replies, distracted.

"Kids!" Claire calls again, turning around and bumping into the door. "That is- Okay."

"Kids? Get down here!" Phil yells, scared.

"Ugh, what!" Mia gets up from the sofa, making Claire turn to her.

"You stayed the night?" She asks Mia.

"I love my sister." She tells Phil.

"Why are you guys yelling at us when we're way upstairs?" Hayley walks in, eyes glued to her phone. "Just text me. All right."

"That's not gonna happen." Claire replies, and then looks at her daughter. "And, wow! You're not wearing that outfit."

"What's wrong with it?" Hayley asks, walking in as Mia gets up and sits down at the kitchen island.

"Honey, do you have anything to say to your daughter... about her skirt?" Claire asks Phil.

"Sorry." He looks up from his phone. "Oh, yeah. That looks really cute, sweetheart."

"Thanks." Hayley smiles.

"No. It's way too short. People know you're a girl. You don't need to prove it to them." Claire tells the girl.

"Ha!" Mia laughs. "Remember what you used to wear-"

Claire stuffs a pancake in Mia's mouth cutting her off.

"Not another word." The older sister warns.

"Youh kwnow Ie dwont lwike swweets." Mia speaks with a mouthful.

"Luke got his head stuck in the banister again." Alex walks in.

"I got it." Phil puts his phone in his pocket and walks out. "Where's the baby oil?"

"It's on our bedside tab-" Claire starts to say, making Mia raise an eyebrow. "I don't know. Find it."