2 | in your dreams, loser

S1 E2

S1 E2

the bicycle thief

"HEY, I CALLED THAT PLACE in napa And got us upgraded to a villa with a hot tub, so pack whatever you wear in a hot tub." Jay tells Gloria kissing her cheek, while she was sitting at the kitchen counter.

"I usually wear nothing when I'm in a hot tub." Gloria replies.

"And my college roommate's wife just had to get a new hip." Jay replies, laughing. "Sucker."

"I so wish you guys won't have conversations like this in front of me." Mia speaks up from opposite Gloria, taking a bite of bacon.

"You'll get over it." Jay tells her, then turns to Gloria. "Limo gets here at 4:00. This morning, I thought after dropping off Mia, I'd go over to the club, hit a few balls."

"No! You have to come back after dropping her off!" Gloria tells him, refilling Mia's orange juice. "What about the fan in Manny's room?"

"Oh, yeah." Jay nods. "Call a guy."

"No! You're supposed to do it with him." Gloria replies. "It's important that we teach him how to do things for himself. In my culture, men take great pride in doing physical labor."

"I know. That's why I hire people from your culture." Jay laughs.

"You're funny!" Gloria laughs, walking up to him. "I'm gonna share that one with my next husband When we're spending all your money." She pats his head and walks away, as Jay looks shocked.

"Hehehe." Mia laughs, and Jay gives her a look.

"Let's go." Jay tells her, dryly.

"OKAY, JUST BECAUSE WE were paired for this history project together doesn't mean we have to get along, or like each other, or even be nice to each other." Mia tells Josh, as they walk towards the door of her house. She stops at the door, turning around to face the guy, just to see that he was walking way to close to her. She takes a step back, clearing her throat. "Um, do you have anything to add?"

"Yeah." Josh nods, looking down. "That skirt makes your legs look hot."

"Ugh." Mia groans, turning around and walking into the house, Josh following behind her.

"Oh, hey, sweetie, how was your day?" Jay asks, as he was walking back from the kitchen to Manny's room with a bottle of water.

"It was going fine until I got this idiot assigned as my partner." Mia tells him, pointing at Josh, whose whole personality changed.

"Good afternoon, Mr. Pritchett." Josh greets with a charming smile.

"Oh, Josh." Jay laughs, shaking his hand. "How are you?"

"Good, sir." Josh replies, making Mia narrow her eyes at him. "How about you?"

"Yeah, I'm good." Jay replies. "Haven't seen you old man at the golf course in a while."

"He was in Europe for a business trip, sir, but he'll be back there tomorrow." Josh replies.

"Ah, all good. You two go, and do your assignment and all. I'm helping Manny with the fan in his room," Jay tells the kids.

"Voluntarily?" Mia asks, as the two go up the stairs.

"Nope." Jay simply replies, then points at Josh. "And listen, tell your old man that he owes me a round of golf."

"Will do, sir." Josh replies, making Mia roll her eyes at how fake he was being.

"I WAS HOPING WE'D get to at least second base." Josh says back to Mia as he stops, when she walks him to the door. "Gotta say, I'm kinda disappointed."

"In your dreams, loser." Mia shoves him out of the house.

"I'll have you know, in my dreams we do much more than second base." He smirks, and Mia scoffs, slamming the door in his face.

She walks to the living room, when her phone rings. She pulls it out, groaning when she sees 'Devil's spawn' written on it.

"What?" She pick up.

"Your little brother's sitting at the curb." Josh's voice comes.

"What?" Mia's eyebrows scrunch, as she walks to the window, and Manny was indeed sitting by the road.

"He's sitting on the footpath, looking sad." Josh replies. "I saw him when I was pulling my car out. I thought I'd go talk to him, but figured it would be weird. So, can you go and see what's up?"

"Aren't you just a little softie?" Mia replies.

"Depends." Josh's smirk could be heard through the phone. "You into that?"

"Agh." Mia groans. "Hanging up now."

She puts her phone in her pocket, when Jay walks in.

"Dad." She says, and Jay hums. "Why is Manny on the curb?"

"What?" Jay looks up from his phone, and walks next to Mia looking out the window. "Ah, hell."

Jay picks up the phone, calling Javier, while Mia goes to the bar.

"Hello. Hey, Javier. Manny's waiting for you outside." He says into the phone and Mia returns with a glass of whiskey. "What? Why not? Hold that thought." Mia offers him the whiskey and he takes a drink.

THE FAMILY OF FOUR was returning from their trip to Disneyland, sitting in the backseat of the Limo.

Both kids were sitting in the middle sleeping and Gloria smiles as Manny turns away from Mia and puts his head on Jay, as Mia scoots closer to Gloria. Jay and Gloria smile at their children.