𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐕 ― 𝓞𝐔𝐑 𝓛𝐄𝐆𝐀𝐂𝐘

In the hour of grim twilight , hope's sole blaze was bound to be endorsed in the faint glimmers of spilled blood against soiled training grounds as it played the lasting reminder that life reserved a foreign purpose for the second daughter of the crown .

A direction that blind limbs sought in the darkest of paths , tactile instincts make up for the disoriented . 

I should have prayed and never dare challenge the malicious fate by ever wondering if things could turn for the worse anytime again . 

For the avalanche that this bloodwashed pilgrimage  rolled downhill was only about to drown me further .

I bowed my head before disaster , wordlessly accepting death && life to play their parts into pushing youthful longings into the lightless corners of mind . And as complacent I have tried to bend the knee before the coronation of my sister , that did not aim to feed the starved mouths for gossip .

The gap only deepened though , a drunk bard would've dared to sing for a coin in the taverns of King's Landing , warning and preaching that dark is the shadow that rises above the heir of throne . Even hungrier now in absence of any other weapon but sole ambition .

The court could only feed such rumors , for no eyes nor ears could've sworn to catch a poor glimpse of the Realm's Delight in the company of her sister .  Maesters ink only the presence of the Hightower girl , forever glued to the Dragonstone's princess side wherever chance gives .

Embrace of night , the young girl oft snuck and chased her own endearnment :  quickened footsteps down nameless and hidden corridors , a red door painted in the torches orange lights and a promise for a night to remember .

Three knocks against the door to a familiar tempo , eye wandering left and right to banish the tragedy of being seen , the tightened grip against one breath releases at once as the cracks of unlocking entry follow the sight of most awaited figure .

And there goes the tale of the most precious nights . Daemon side - steps and gestures a dramatic welcome as she impatiently barges and lets go of the rush tension once door closes behind herself .

Unlike most fables , nothing in her uncle's room evoked fairy tales and fantasy . Most of the rooms in the Red Keep have been decorated in a rather repetitive style , leaving little to the imagination and freedom . 

Sometimes , not even such tragedy of style could stop the tenant from leaving his mark on his cave , despite the numerous exiles through one is ... oft condemned .

In the end , no punishment was bound to resemble an eternity . Not as long as the princess nights were not empty of valyrian stories and the eerie scent of red wine that seemed to permeate the entirety of chamber and senses until the words , the warmth of fireplace and alcohol carried Aelora closer to her dreams on dragonback amidst the clouds and stars .

The real pain was felt in the depths of the soul at the moment when everything collapsed. When neither reality nor fantasy could cure wounds .

It was only then when I felt truly lonely for the first time .

Days have risen & descended as each chase of sun and moon seemed to always carry off a piece of me . I have grown weary : of King's Landing , of each head that bowed in my wake along the dimly lit hallways , of every breeze that sung of filth and decay , of my very own breath . 

Fatigue crawled its way to my feet similar to grim plague , carrying promises of distrait for what is the purpose of a barren , dragonless and uncrowned orphan ? The fire of such monster does not inspire pride but ... quite the opposite .I still remember that day like it was yesterday . A sudden meeting of the royal council to which I usually beg to attend whenever given the opportunity ; not as a cupholder like Rhaenyra but nothing too far from it as well .