Outnumbered Swords and Talons

“Come on, you have to get up!” Keiko pleaded but the Akamine didn’t move. The bird lowered its head to inspect him then pecked Nagishima back a few times. The yukata boy got up precipitously the avian strikes with a jumping slash kick aimed at his head which he dodged by ducking.

Akamine rose to his feet with an uppercut that connected to chest of the Thanksgiving Special with great force. The fowl was knocked back a couple of feet but ran back to attack hit Nagishima with a kick cutting the upper part his left arm. “You messed up, pencil neck bastard.” Akamine stated calmly with a smile as he reached one hand into his sleeve and the other to his waist.

“Kashiwagi Art: Bite of the Iron Tiger.” Nagishima pulled his Tanto sword and survival knife impaling the knife into its leg and the sword through the wing. Nagishima removed the sword and strikes turkey with four more stabs then a slash to the immobile Murder’s neck which finished the bird off. Turns around with a crazed, hollow expression “Who is next?” he stated. The other birds were injured after fighting Keiko and where already running away. “We won, yeah!” Akamine proclaimed excitedly.

“Nagishima, you jerk!” Keiko exclaimed as she ran over to the robed boy. She pressed her face against his shoulders as he lightly pounded his chest with both hands. “Do you know how worried, I was?! I was calling you but you didn’t get up.” the cloaked woman stated with her voice breaking.

Akamine stood in place taking the hits recoiling a bit with each hit. Nagishima placed his hand on her shoulders and stepped back what we saw was something he didn’t expect. The normal calm and composed Keiko had reddened cheeks with tears streaming down her delicate, porcelain face. “You can’t scare me like that.” she stated.

Nagishima opened his yukata revealing the impact vest with a deep, three-toed slash mark on it exposing the metal underneath. “I’m fine, no need to worry.” he stated. She rubbed the area of the vest where the claw mark was the she began crying again. “I heard you but I needed break to come up with a plan. Sorry for worrying you.” Akamine stated apologetically the hugs cloaked woman for a few minutes until she calmed down.

Keiko gives the boy a small satchel “You know what to do.” she stated. Nagishima walked away then looked back “You didn’t think that bird would beat me, did you? Heh, you trained me better than that.” he conveyed. “You trained me better than that.” Those words reverberated in the mind of the monochrome girl causing her to blush deeply, she then covers her face hiding her cheeks from the robed boy.

Nagishima crouched next to the bird took the knife and mallet from the bag and got to work. An hour later. “Keiko, I’m finished.” Akamine announced. Keiko got up from her seat at the base of a tree then walked over. The materials were lined up neatly for inspection, there were four in all. “Bird Skin X1”, Murder Plume (Big feathers) X15, Murder Talons X2 and Murder Turkey Meat X1.

“You did well, student. The skin can be turned into leather, the fathers are ate into hats loved my nobles, talons are dried, roasted then mixed wine as it ferments to make a rare drink and Turkey meat is delicious but hard cook because of its tough texture.

Most of these are rare items.” Keiko explained happily as she patted the head of the crouching Nagishima who was smiling after getting his teacher’s approval. “I was just reading an article and it said: Murder Turkey is so hard a rock will cook faster than the meat.” Akamine stated jokingly. “You don’t have to worry though, that’s what pressure cookers are for.” Keiko stated with a sly grin. “You’re the best, Sensei!” Akamine announced.