17

~Chapter 17~

The clear and transparent eyes revealed a flash of flame that momentarily transformed into a ten thousand-character Buddha seal before settling in the depths of the pupils and taking on a restrained and mysterious red color.  

The moment the Buddha seal entered his eyes, Gu Jin heard the most distant and flooding Sanskrit sound on the three realms and eight wastelands in a trance.  

Once a sound hits his ears, it seems to linger for thousands of years.  

Gu Jin was momentarily taken aback upon seeing this pair of eyes for the first time in his hundreds of years of life. Seeing that the Buddha's voice had long since vanished, he forced himself to look down and saw that the child he was holding in his arms was actually a five or six-year-old girl, not a round, plump water cub. The girl had a bright red shirt on, her hands as soft as lotus roots, and her round little face gave him an innocent, simple look that belied her lack of life experience. Her eyes were wide as she studied him.  

Gu Jin's whole body stiffened, ten thousand divine beasts roared from the bottom of his heart - how could it be a girl doll!  

The two just stared wide-eyed, and the little doll presumably saw the collapse under Gu Jin's eyes. She sighed silently in the bottom of her heart, stretched out her hand, and sent a short and soft voice towards Gu Jin like the usual Water Condensation Beast: " Now, A Jin, hug."  

With such a call and a single action, the embarrassment brought about by the transformation of the Water Condensation Beast into a girl instantly disappeared into nothingness.  

Gu Jin hugged the little girl almost the instant he reached out his hand, his eyebrows raised, suddenly taking on a bit of an adult appearance, "You're that immortal beast of mine?"   

The corners of the Beast's mouth stiffened, and she wanted to use her whole body to resist the word "mine" in Gu Jin's mouth, which made her so undignified, but she wasn't stupid, and remembered the Drunken Jade Dew that she had drank up in one gulp outside the bamboo house. She nodded naively, her soft little body rubbing around in Gu Jin's arms, starting to act cute.  

Gu Jin looked with obvious surprise in his eyes. Is this the Water-Condensed Beast that, after a single sip of Drunken Jade Dew, could make him look awful all day? He would have thought the girl had jumped out of somewhere else if the Forbidden Valley wasn't half-popular and there were no birds or other animals living there. 

"Well, now that you've taken form, it's time to give you a name." Gu Jin rubbed the little girl's soft black hair, his mind couldn't help but flash back to the absurd to the extreme Brahma sound just now, he lowered his eyes with a touch of contemplation.  

The sound of God was heavenly, could it be that this Water Condensation Beast was born with a connection to God?  

Gu Jin was silent for a long time before he suddenly spoke to the Water Condensation Beast, "Little one, from now on, you'll be called A Yin."  

"A Yin?" The Water Condensing Beast froze, somehow somewhat affectionate towards this name, unexpectedly not rolling her eyes at Gu Jin in her heart. She nodded her head as a promise.  

Seeing her nod, a touch of unexpected pleasure and fulfillment grew in Gu Jin's heart. He brought A Yin towards his arms, the corner of his mouth hooked into a half-moon arc.