Escape

The trees are whistling away as I keep moving forward.

"How big is this forest?"

I've drawn a map of where I was and it feels as if it is never-ending.nThe trees whistle and the leaves come down. I make shelter using the fallen branches as big as a normal tree and the leaves the same size as me.

I keep walking not knowing where to go. However, I persist since it is in my ability to adapt to these types of situations and I persist, running out of rations that were left in the bag that I have.

I look at the glass from before to see a completely different face.

A ragged look of youth, pitch-black wolf hair, and fish eyes with a long scar from my eye to my cheek, and when I look at my neck, I see a scar running through it.

The owner of this body must've committed suicide since. The body is not mine but the soul.

I recall a theory that plagued humanity.

Brain transplanting.

A theory of changing the brain of another and replacing it with a different brain. The problem with that is the body would reject the new owner and try to kill the brain. Leading to the theory of souls.

You cannot take the body of a man since the body recognizes the soul, But since I got the trait of evolution, I evolved more quickly than a normal human being. The body tried to attack the soul but the body quickly evolved into something that fits my soul.

This should explain the fish-like eyes and the scar on my face is likely from the body trying to take itself out. Since theory suggests that the soul is weaker than the body, then I should've died right when I transmigrated.

But I didn't since I got lucky with my traits.

This forest is vast, but what if it's small?

What if it's like the body that tries to reject its new soul?

The trees keep me away from the outside trying to preserve the world.

"But I am not trying to destroy what the world has preserved"

"I want to explore, walk around the world, and find new things, new beings"

"I want to wander the world"

"For I am not the destroyer of it"

I walk still and finally, the trees look like its giving way as I see the sunlight coming down.

I run towards the light, grass crumbling down my feet.

And finally, I am out.

My first sight of this new world is the green plains as far as the eye can see and from what looks like a town.

I escaped

From the body that is trying to kill me.

[Time Spent in the infinite treeline]

[200 Years]

[Steps walked]

[1000?????????????]

[Prologue End]