21

Eva followed Graham and Pierce and Miles up to their wing of the house. She settled on the couch with Miles.

"Don't you all have to work?" she asked curiously as Graham handed her a steaming mug. She was surprised to find hot chocolate. He had a mug for Miles too.

"Nothing that can't wait," Pierce said, sitting on the other side of her.

Graham took a seat next to him, pulling a thick blanket that was folded behind him to cover her and Miles and some of Pierce with.

Graham's arm extended, the tips of his fingers running along Pierce's neck and hair.

It was peaceful. She appreciated them taking the time out of their day to reassure her.

"I can't even eat in the dining room," she admitted quietly after a moment. "I was going to this morning, but I couldn't."

"Why not?" Graham asked. Pierce had shut his eyes, and Eva wondered if he had fallen asleep.

She shrugged. She didn't know why exactly. "I wouldn't know where to sit or how to act." It seemed silly to say out loud.

"Some things just take time, Evie," Miles said. "You aren't meant to heal on a schedule."

The warm chocolate was soothing as it slipped down her throat. Her eyes felt heavy and she moved to rest her head on Miles.

She was glad that today didn't turn into a big thing. She was beyond grateful that the three of them seemed to understand her better than anyone ever had, better than anyone ever will. She was very, very lucky.

Her eyes moved to Graham when he leaned down to whisper something to Pierce. Pierce smirked a bit, nodding his head to whatever he was saying.

Eva tried to bite back her curiosity, but she couldn't help it.

"What?" she asked.

"What?" Pierce repeated. She knew he was teasing her. He still had a little bit of a sinful smirk on the corner of his lips.

Eva glanced up at Miles, hoping he too was curious. He took her mug from her gently, setting it on the table next to him.

"Nothing," she mumbled, feeling the heat rise up her neck. "I thought Graham had said something."

"Do you want to know what he said?" Pierce asked, reaching for her. He lifted her into his lap easily.

Eva looked at Graham who seemed to be equally mischievous.

"Yes," she said, squirming away when his fingers tickled along her ribs.

"I said you look so pretty sitting between us," Graham said. "And then I asked Pierce how long it was going to take before you wanted to kiss us."

"Kiss?" Eva repeated. They wanted to kiss her? She had never kissed anybody before, but she liked when they kissed each other. "What did you say, Pierce?"

"I told him it wouldn't be much longer. Was I right?"

She felt herself laugh, trying to muffle the sound with her hand.

"I don't know," she admitted. "I don't really know how to."

Pierce cupped her cheeks. "It's easy. I'll show you."

Eva nodded, holding her breath as he leaned close, so close that she had to shut her eyes. His lips brushed faintly over hers. 

He gave a small chuckle when he pulled back.

"You should breathe, Evie," he said.

"That's all?" Eva asked.

"That's not all," Miles said, and she turned to face him. "There are many different types of kisses. Come closer."

She moved away from Pierce so Miles could reach her. She wrapped her arms around his back as he pulled her close.

His kiss had more pressure. She felt like he was trying to swallow her which made her laugh.

"What are you so giggly about, huh?" Miles teased. "You didn't like my kiss, sunshine?"

"No, no. I did," she insisted.

"I'm just teasing," Miles said, his lips finding a spot on her cheek. "You still owe someone else a kiss."

Eva turned to Graham who smiled down at her.

"You don't have to, Evie," he said. "This isn't about us. There are no hard feelings between any of us if you don't keep things even."

"Please Graham," she said sweetly.

Graham stood from his spot next to Pierce, crouching his tall form so he was level with her face. He let his lips brush over hers.

"Was that okay, honey?" he asked her, pushing the hair back behind her ears.

"It was perfect," she said sincerely, hoping he would do it again. He didn't disappoint.