On their Engagement (10)

[ It was morning ]

I watched the alarm, It was 6'O clock. I realised that I got late. I took my phone where I watched Bhaiya's 7 missed calls. I quickly get over and had a quick shower and got into a traditional wear that my brother urged me to have it. It was their engagement and I was being the decoration lead. I called back bhaiya and went to the venue.

As I reached there, I saw Keya Di's brother, Aryan, completely looking an Indian man by his dressing sense, with his perfect pair of kurta pajama

He was leading the decoration that I was supposed to do. I raised a quick temper and walked towards him to say...

Me: Hey Aryan, you are done, it's my work let me do it.

Aryan: Miss. Arina, you are late.

Me: Not too much. Now you do your work I can handle my work.

Aryan: I have already completed the food section. You know... Aryan is very advanced.

Me: Well.

[ Arina was completely merged with her work. Fixing the ribbons on the staircase and flowers on the left - side wall]

I noticed, Aryan was leaning against the wall, staring at me doing the work. I felt quite disturbed so I asked him-

Me: What are you watching?

Aryan: [in a quick response] You.

Me: [she was unable to decode his word] huhh!??!

Aryan: [clearing his throat] Ughm!! Your knowledge towards decoration. It's your brother's wedding, you should decorate more intensely. I could do it more properly.

Me: Aryan, don't compare my knowledge with yours.

Aryan: Obviously, it can't be compared as it can't be compared.

Me: Aryannn... go...

[He leaves the area while giggling]

What he thinks about me huh!?!! I'm not a fool like him. I am much better than him. Better to focus on my work.

Everything's done after 4 hours. I saw the whole venue was shining with excitement. The interior decoration by me was amazing. When, I saw Aryan was coming towards me.

Aryan: It is looking quite good.

Me: You no need to tell, I know I can to it well.

Aryan: Oh! Overconfidence.

Me: It's called self-confidence.

Aryan: Did you fixed those lights?

Me: Lights? Where?

He pointed his fingers to a carton. I looked a bog box and went to see inside it. There were lights.

Me: The workers didn't tell me about the lights. Really disgusting!

I took a light strip and went up in the ladder to fix it. Aryan was standing beside the ladder rolling his hands.

Me: Can't you help?

Aryan: Ask for my help in a sweet voice. Otherwise, I will not do.

Me: Better don't do. I can do by myself.

[She was about to fall from the ladder but managed somehow, Aryan quickly holds her legs tightly and emphasizes]

Aryan: Be careful Arina!

Me: I... I am absolutely okay, I can manage my myself well. You are diverting my concentration. Now, let me do my work, go.

Aryan: Ya ya/ I can see how careful you are. You could break your legs if I was absent.

Me: Not at all.

After 45-50 mins I was finally done with everything. I took the photos of the whole venue to send bhaiya. It was looking a place of paradise.

I started roaming to see other arrangements. The music arrangement, buffet for guests etc. It was evening and guests were about to come. I called bhaiya to come ASAP.

Bhaiya arrived with my family. I saw my whole ménage after very long time yet I didn't want to talk to them. They also lacked interest on me without my cousins. My bhaiya kept me on his side to not to make me feel lonely. Then, Keya di and her family arrived on the venue. Bride was looking splendid. All the rituals of the engagement was maintained. And lastly, both weared up their engagement ring.

It was night and slowly the guests were leaving. The venue was empty with no one. I was supposed to turn the venue off. Sahil bhaiya gave me the keys of his car to get upto my lodge safely. I was unaware of Aryan's presence on the venue, as ordered, I started to shut the doors. A sudden voice-

Aryan: Arina, you are maybe tired. You should go home and take rest I can do it.

Me: No, I can do, I'm not tired.

Aryan: You are working since morning. You should take a nap. Did you eat something Arina?

Me: Umm... Ohh.

Aryan: You ate nothing? Even breakfast? Really.

Me: You don't need to care Aryan.

Aryan: Maybe I need to. Cause here's no one to care for yourself.

He went somewhere left me thinking what would be his next step to make me irritate. Within a minute or two, he came near to me and said nothing but held my right hand wrist tightly to take me somewhere.

Me: Hey, what happened? Why you held my hand? Leave me Aryan.

[Aryan said nothing but only walked]

He put me in front of the table to make me sit on the chair.

Aryan: Sit here, I am serving you food.

Me: No need.

Aryan: I'm not interested to listen your nonsense talks.

[He takes Arina and makes her seat on the chair]

Me: [emphasizes] Aryan.

But he ignores my words and starts serving me food quietly. Only him looking so charismatic this time that left me speechless and do whatever he wanted.

I have done. Now I was about to take the plate to wash but none wastage of a second, he took my plate and told me-

Aryan: Go home now Arina. I will do it.

Me: But it's midnight. Can you drive your home safely?

Aryan: I'm not a boy at all. Aryan is a man.

Me: As you do.

Aryan: Reach safely.

Me: You too.

I don't know why but this time he was looking serious as if I made him disappointed. But why I obeyed him, even, maybe he's not like other men.