Chapter 18

Vivian exited the forest and found herself on a dirt road.

She looked to her side and saw Luxen City about a mile from where she was standing.

"Well, I guess this is it."

She suddenly heard a whipping sound from the opposite direction and turned her head.

A couple of meters away was a caravan or a group of carriages heading her way.

They looked like horse carriages, but the animal pulling it wasn't exactly a horse.

If Vivian were to describe the animal, it looked more like a cow but was thicker and covered with long brown fur. Even the hooves were abnormally large.

Each carriage had a coachman. One carriage looked like one for traveling, while the other 3 looked like it was used for transporting goods. And among the carriages used for transporting, 2 were loaded with crates and other items. Meanwhile, the remaining one had passengers sitting under a makeshift a tent and were equipped with gear and weapons.

Once the caravan started to come closer to where Vivian was standing, they immediately became restless as if they were approaching something dangerous.

Fortunately, the coachmen were professionals so they were immediately able to calm the animal down.

Vivian stared at the carriages as they continued moving and passed her by.

A number of people from the convoy noticed her due to her disheveled appearance but only spared her a quick glance.

So it really is a medieval setting...

Although this world seems to be a fantasy world, I'm still worried about the personal and public hygiene...

An idea suddenly popped inside her head.

Right, I don't think I'll be facing any monster anymore...

She went to the side and started untying her hair.

A part of Vivian's hair was tied into braids and then wrapped together into a knot. And since she didn't know anything about tying hair in that kind of fashion and it seemed to be stable no matter how many sudden

movements she made, she didn't bother to fix it. However, now that she was no longer in the forest and was about to enter the city, she decided to tidy herself as best as she could.

"How the fuck do I untie this?" she muttered under her breath as she found parts of her hair tangled up while she was trying to untie it. In fact, she already pulled out a few strands and was tempted to just chop it off with her broken dagger.

A few minutes later...

Vivian was covered in sweat and combing her hair. The comb was among the items inside her satchel.

I never knew hair could be that tough and complicated...

She glanced at the strands of hair on the ground.

So my hair is purple...

And there's also red...

She glanced at the comb on her hand.

There were strands of hair stuck.

"Is this colored or natural...?"

She resumed combing her hair.

Once she was done, she began tying her hair into a ponytail and then checked her clothes.

Vivian was wearing a sleeveless leather armor with some type of white t-shirt underneath, worn-out green pants, worn-out high-cut leather shoes, and fingerless gloves.