Chapter 5: Ouch!

Scott's POV

I'd sit outside the nurses office, holding my hand to my eye. The stupid bitch punched me. Jesus. Guess he can't control his temper.

"Hey, is your eye alright?"

I'd look up, slightly caught off guard. I wasn't really expecting anyone to check if I was okay. I mean, I don't really like it. I can keep myself in order. I come from a farm, and a little injury isn't a big deal.

...

But it was Courtney. She was checking up on me. I mean- Not that I care. I just find it sweet of her. To, you know, check up on me.

"Hm? Oh, yeah. My eye is fine. He doesn't even punch hard."

I'd shrug as I spoke, dropping my arm to my side, leaning back on the chair I was sitting on.

"..Alright. That's good. But, honestly. What were you thinking. It's the first day back to school, not to mention, you're first day here, and you've already gotten in trouble. Honestly, it's shameful."

I would watch her shake her head as she spoke. She was taking this way too serious. It was only a little punch. Not the end of the world.

"Why are you so mad 'bout it? It was only a punch-"

"Only a punch?! The school classes that as a fight! You have to go to the office now. You could possibly face isolation or a detention or a suspension. It's disgraceful that you would even initiate that with Duncan."

I would just sit there in silence for a moment. I wasn't really sure how to respond. I mean, surely it wouldn't be that serious. Right? I'm sure she's exaggerating it. It was barely even a fight. They wouldn't actually suspend or isolate me for that, would they?

"... Are you trying to make a joke?"

I would finally manage to get a sentence out, I would laugh slightly after asking, speaking up once more.

"Cause, that's not a good joke. I can't lie. I think it lacks the joke part."

I'd stand up from the chair, patting her on her shoulder, smirking as I did so.

"You'll get it next time. Don't worry."

She'd frown, pushing my hand off her shoulder before crossing her arms. She'd speak, a tone of annoyance and slight anger in her voice.

"I'm not joking. I'm serious. This school takes things very serious. I was sent to get you so I could bring you to the office."

Courtney's POV

God. Why would I joke about that? Being sent to the office is not something to joke about. And he spoke so condescending to me! I'm much smarter than him, so why is he being like that. It's irritating. I can't believe people sometimes.

Whatever. I have to put up with it. I can't change the past. What's done is done, unfortunately. And, it's not even my business. He's in trouble, and so is Duncan, not me.

"That was- What? That wasn't even a fight!"

He's in disbelief. Shocking. I mean, why he is in shock is strange to me. He initiated that fight, and he's not even calling it a fight. I swear, how dumb is this guy? Guess I'll find out.

"Yeah, well, it is a fight. I think I know the rules better than you. So, don't argue with me."

I would glare at him, I know he's going to argue. I just know it. He's one of those guys who thinks they can't do anything wrong and is always right.

I'd grimace slightly as I noticed how messy his uniform was. Does he actually expect to go to the office looking like that? Nope. I can't let that happen. I'll literally get second-hand embarrassment.

"And fix your uniform. Now. You are not going to the office like that."

I could see him roll his eyes at me slightly, which I didn't care for, it's only him, before a smirk crawled onto his face.

"Whatever you say, boss."