Prologue

"Mom, where are we going?" 10 year old Liliana Ivy Carson asks confused

"Shut up kid! Just do as I say." Rebecca Carson angrily snaps at her daughter.

Arthur had gone out on a business trip and Rebecca took that as an opportunity to leave. She had already packed her bags and was now packing her daughter's suitcase.

• Flashback •

"I'm pregnant Arthur. It's your child." Rebecca told Arthur Carson.

They weren't in a relationship. It was more of a friends with benefits.

"Woah. Uh. Wow." Arthur was shocked.

"What woah uh wow? Do you want to keep it or should I abort it? My family won't support me. If you support me then I'll keep it. Other wise I'll abort it and we'll go on with our life." She said with no emotions whatsoever.

"Woah, Bec, that's a baby not a thing. Let's not refer to him or her as 'it'. Secondly, I'll help you in this because I'm as responsible as you are. I'll talk to my family and let's get married alright?" He said.

"Sure whatever." She said and left.

3 months later they got married.

A few months later they had their beautiful baby girl.

Arthur named her Liliana Ivy Carson.

Liliana after his grandmother who was a powerful donna after her husband's death. It meant a lot especially at that time when women were looked down upon to a great extent.

Ivy after his sister who had died from cancer at the age of 2.

Rebecca didn't want to be a part of naming the child.

Years passed and they were still married.

Arthur learned to like Rebecca as she was while Rebecca was there only for money.

Rebecca wanted Liliana to be like her but when she realised it wasn't going to happen, she became angry and started hating her.

She would not pay attention to her and would pass rude comments.

Today, Rebecca asked Arthur for some money because she wanted to go shopping.

Arthur was used to this so he was about to give her money when suddenly his mother interrupted.

"Didn't he give you 50000 dollars yesterday? We may have the money, but that's still a lot. And you spent all that in just one day? What do you even do with so much money? You've never bought something for Liliana or Arthur. Not even a gift on their birthday's. You don't work. You don't earn money. But that's ok. That's your choice and we aren't pressurising you. But you don't do anything! Not at home either. You don't look after your daughter. You don't look after your husband. You don't cook homemade meals for your family. You've never even attended any family function. You're barely ever there on your daughter's birthday, school shows, parent teacher meetings, anything. Not with your husband at any gathering either. You're barely home! I understand that this must've been hard for you since you got pregnant unexpectedly but you have to take responsibility of your actions. If you can't become a better wife, then atleast become a better mother. Liliana is only 10. She needs a mother. All you ever do is go shopping or go to the club to party. You just spend money." She ranted.