The White Lady

A young lady calls out "Sam!" The young woman, named Jess, comes around a corner; she is wearing a sexy-nurse costume and adjusting her hat. A photo of Mary and John is on the dresser. "Get a move on would you? We were supposed to be there, like, fifteen minutes ago." Jess walks off. "Sam, you coming or what?"

Sam Winchester pokes his head around the corner. He's in jeans and three shirts, not a costume, like Jess wanted. "Do I have to?" He wines, like a kid. "Yes! Come on, It'll be fun."

With a sigh, Sam walks into the room. 

"Where's your costume?" Jess asks, accusingly. Sam laughs and ducks his head. "You know how I feel about Halloween."

They leave for the party, which is in a bar. What Cha Gonna Do begins blaring from the speakers. The entire place is decorated for Halloween, with even a gargoyle with cobwebs and a baseball hat that says "GET NAKED". Shots are being pored, and everyone is in costume. 

Jess raises her glass as a young man, named Luis, in a ghoul costume comes over to the table where she and Sam are sitting at. "So, here's to Sam and his awesome LSAT victory!" 

Sam laughs, "All right, all right, it's not that big a deal." The three clink glasses. Jess rolls here eyes. "Yeah, he acts all humble, but he scored a one seventy-four." She tells as Sam and Luis drink their shots. "Is that good?" Luis asks, confused. Jess raises her eyebrows, surprised her friend doesn't know. "Scary good." Jess then gulps down her shot.

"There you go! You are a first-round draft pick, you can go to any law school you want!" Luis says, catching on. "Actually, I've got an interview hereon Monday. If it goes okay I think I got a shot at a full ride next year." Sam says, hope creeping into his voice. Jess pats him on the back. "Hey, it's gonna go great." Sam snorts. "It better."

"How does it feel to be the "golden boy" of your family?" Luis asks. Sam winces. "Ah, they don't actually know." "Why not? I would be gloating like no tomorrow?" Confusion evident in Luis's voice. "Because we're not exactly the Brady's." He says, the tone saying that the conversation is over. 

"And I'm not exactly the Huxtables." Luis says jokingly. "More shots?" "No." Jess and Sam reply in unison. Luis shrugs and goes up to the bar anyways. 

Jess smiles at Sam. "No, seriously. I'm proud of you. And you're gonna knock 'em dead on Monday and you're gonna get that full ride. I know it." Sam smiles at his girlfriend. "What would I do without you?" "Crash and burn." She says laughing, then pulls him in for a kiss.

Later, after they return to their apartment, the two of them lie in their bed, asleep back to back, with Jess shifting around a little. A sound reaches their room from downstairs, almost like a window opening, causing Sam to wake up. He leaves the room, and begins sneaking downstairs. 

He sees a window that was open, even though he was sure it had been closed earlier. Footsteps come padding across the floor, and he hears the string of beads down the hall get pushed. Sam moves to another part of the apartment and waits, silently. Two figures enter the room, and Sam lunges forward and grabs the more masculine form by the shoulder. The man knocks his arm away and aims a strike at him, which Sam narrowly avoids. The female figure grabs Sam's arm, swings him around, and shoves him back. Sam kicks at her, but is blocked, then pushed back into another room. The light is brighter in that room, so the three get glimpses of each others faces. The man elbows him in the face, and Sam kicks at his head. The man ducks, and swings, which Sam blocks. Obviously annoyed, the woman walks in-between the two and shoves them to the floor.

"Enough both of you." 

Sam breaths hard, noting that her voice sounds familiar.  "Jay, Dean?" His two siblings laugh. "You scared the crap out of me." He says, indignified. "That's 'cause you're out of practice." Dean says standing up before giving his baby brother a hand. He grabs Dean's hand and yanks, slamming his heel into his back, knocking him to the floor. "Or not." Dean groans. Sam taps Dean twice where he's holding him. "Alright, get off of him." Jay says, yanking her older brother by five months off of him, being stronger than most would think despite her petit stature.