Wendigo

Two tents were set up near a fire ring, and you could hear crickets chirping. Inside one of the tents, two young men named Brad and Gary were playing head to head handheld video games.

"Dude, you're cheating." Brad complains. "No, you just suck!" Gary rebuts, slightly miffed at his friends accusation. Something growls outside while in the other tent, a young man named Tom Collins lies on his bed recording a video message. 

"Hey Hailey, day six. We're still out near Blackwater Ridge." A shadow flashes behind Tom, the camera barely picking it up, but he doesn't notice. "We're fine, keeping safe, so don't worry, okay? Talk to you tomorrow." He stops recording and sends the message to his girlfriend of three months, whom convinced him to go on this trip. 

In the other tent, Brad closes his game system and tosses it aside. Gary stares at his system for a moment, then turns to look at him, who is getting up and unzipping the tent. "Hey, where ya goin'? My moment of victory." He complains, as he was so close to winning. In his head at least.

"Sorry man, nature calls."

Brad goes outside and zips up the tent behind him. He goes to stand against the tree to relieve himself while the fire crackles. Something snaps a stick and Brad glances towards the sound and sees the trees rustling. He shakes his head and returns his attention downward, then looks up sharply as something growls. In both tents, the boys look up as they hear their friend scream.

"Brad?" "Bud, what's going on?" The two ask as they unzip their tents. Suddenly something grabs Gary. Tom screams as the thing grabs him as well, dragging him into the dark.

                                -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Birds chirp as Sam, wearing a suit and tie and carrying a bouquet of various flowers, though  no roses, walks through an otherwise deserted cemetery.

He sighs and stops next to a gravestone. It reads "JESSICA LEE MOORE", "Beloved Daughter", "January 24th 1984 – November 2nd 2005". There is a small picture of a grinning Jess set into the stone above her name, a black-and-white picture of her leaning against the stone between a white teddy bear and a wooden box with a crucifix leaning on the picture, a small American flag next to the box, and three candles standing on the gravestone; one of the Virgin de Guadalupe.

Sam looks between the grave and the flowers.

"I, uh..." He laughs. "You always said roses were, were lame, so I brought you, uh... everything else."

Sam looks at the picture set into the gravestone, then looks away, choking back tears. He steps closer to the gravestone, tears clouding his eyes. 

"Jess, oh god. I miss you so freaking much. I should have protected you. I should have told you the truth." He says, kneeling as he puts the flowers next to the crucifix, when an arm covered in dirt shoots out of the ground and grabs him by the wrist.

He jerks awake in the shotgun seat with his brother driving and sister in the backseat, the dream nothing but that: a dream. He shakes his head as the sound of the music helps him move the dream to the back of his mind for now. He smiles, as he remembers that this was the song the three of them had done together when they had snuck into a bar.

Dean glances over at his brother. "Glad you're up. You okay though? You looked like you were having a nightmare." Sam looks over at his overprotective older brother, then to his younger sister. "Yeah, I'm good, Jay still asleep?" He quickly changes the subject. Dean nods. "We'll wake her up later, she barely sleeps as it is. You want to drive for a while?" Sam laughs, then sees his brothers serious look. "Dean, your whole life you never once asked me that." "Jeez, relax, just thought you might want to because-" "Look, man, you're worried about me." Sam cuts him off. "I get it, and thank you, but I'm perfectly okay." "Mm-hm." Dean mumbles, clearly not believing him. Sam sighs, then grabs a map from the glove compartment, where he had stored it before falling asleep.