Chapter 1: Never Look Back~

I was breathing so hard, I thought I was gonna pass out from exhaustion. My chest was burning, my legs felt like Jell-O, and my head was spinning. I've never ran so much in my life, especially since this all began. You see, this all began when a virus started spreading. When someone gets infected, they'll die after a while from a fever, and in a few hours they come back to life...But they're not the same as they were before they died. They come back as Zombies, or as they're infamously known as, Walkers.

They are very real, and they are deadly. I don't know how long this has been going on, but I know all hope for humanity is dwindling...I don't know how many survivors are left, but I know there's not many...Soon the entire world will belong to the dead, until there's nothing left. But right now, Walkers are the least of my problems.

Ever since the epidemic began, I've been stuck with my dad, Bill. For years, he's been beating and raping my mom and I for years. We've tried to get someone to help us, but every time we've tried, he'd hurt us worse...When the world turned to shit, he killed my mom. Her and I tried to sneak away to find other refugees, but he killed her when she tried to protect me..Every night I've had the same dream over and over. My dad killing my mom, the look on her face and the look in her eyes when I watched her die...My dad saying "It's okay Kitten...Daddy's here to protect you now." And then he raped me..He's hurt me so much, I can't trust anyone, especially men.

But finally, I realized if I stay here, I'll be dead. So earlier today when he was asleep, I packed up some of my clothes, along with food, some supplies, and some weapons in my bag, and I ran.

I ran and I will never look back....I can't look back.