Chapter 2: Rick Grimes~

After running for what felt like hours, I collapsed. I sat on the dirty covered ground, and tried to catch my breath. My heart was pounding in my chest, and I thought I was gonna have a panic attack from hyperventilating. But when I heard a twig snap close by, I was quick on my feet.

I pulled out my knife from it's holster, and I looked around. When I saw there was nothing, I turned around, and was met by a gun pointed at my face. I gasped and lost my footing, and landed on the ground, on my butt. I looked uo and the gun was now pointed downwards, still pointed at my face. I looked past it, and saw a man in a brown police officer uniform standing ove me.

He had short dark brown hair, 5 o'clock shadow, and was cleaner than I was. 

He stepped closer to me, and said "Stand up." He had a clear southern accent, and his voice was gruff.

I slowly stood up and put my hands above my head. He asked "What're you doing running around here all by yourself?"

I swallowed and said "Please sir...I-I won't cause you any trouble..I just needed to get away."

"Away from what?"

"My father...I ran away while he was asleep..Please sir, I wont hurt you..I just need to be as far away from him as possible."

He narrowed his eyes at me, and that's when I noticed his eyes were a light shade of blue. He slowly lowered his gun and looked me over, head to toe.

"Ever killed any Walkers?"

I nodded and he asked "How many?"

I said "I've lost count...But I've killed a lot."

"How many of the living have you killed?" 

I shook my head and said "I've never killed anyone who hasn't turned or been infected..I'll only do that in self defense."

He studied my face for a minute as if I was lying, and said "Alright..You can come stay with me and the others. We have food, clean water, and you can get yourself cleaned up..You can stay as long as you like."

I nodded and smiled. "Thank you."

He nodded and said "But if you hurt any one unless they're trying to hurt you, you'll be gone...Understand?"

I nodded and he said "Alright...C'mon now, the suns goin' down soon...it's not safe at night by yourself."

I nodded again, and we started walking. Then he stopped and turned around.

"What's your name?"

I swallowed and said "Anna...Anna Swain."

He smiled kindly and said "It's nice to meet you, Anna Swain..I'm Rick Grimes."

He held his hand and I just stared at it..But I could tell he meant no harm, so I slowly put my hand in his, and shook it.

He smiled again and said "C'mon now...Let me introduce you to everyone."