|1|

It has been 100 years since a nuclear apocalypse killed billions of people on earth leaving the planet simmering in radiation. Fortunately, or unfortunately for me, there were survivors, in the sky's, on the ground, and where I am at the moment...under the ground.

It's cold and dark. It has been for the last 60 years. I've been locked away in Mount Weather an emergency operations center designed by the American government to protect the privileged against man-made or natural disasters.

How I got into this situation doesn't matter, but getting out of it does. Being chained to a brick wall in a cold and dark, empty room is pretty tricky to escape from, especially since there is always two guards outside the securely locked door and a guard that comes in every two hours to torture for either information or just to punish me for the part I played in ending the world.

At the start they got creative with there methods, but now it's either just some weak ass punches or slicing with a knife. The torturing has died down a bit probably because of the newest arrivals. The sky people have arrived on the ground and 47 of them are within Mount Weather's walls.

And how do I know that you may ask. Well, every day in the early morning, afternoon and night a young orphan girl named Hope visits. She climbs through the vents even though I ask her not to because I don't want her to get into trouble, but I enjoy her company.

She's only 7 years old and has auburn coloured hair and bright blue eyes that would put the bluest oceans to shame. Hope is a very brave and adventurous girl, a lot like when I was her age. Always causing trouble at school and exploring restricted areas.

The best part about my day is when she visits. We talk about my past life and new things going on around Mount Weather. She's basically a spy...a very small and cute spy that gets away with everything, but she's not just that to me. She's like my own daughter. I love her and would do anything to protect her which is why I haven't broken free and slaughter everyone in this bunker.

I remember her mother, Hayley Marshall. She used to bring me my food. Her father on the other hand, I do not know, but I've heard the story's. He was a bad man and was executed for beating his wife and trying to kill his child, Hope.

Hayley was also executed because of me. One day she tried setting me free, we got close, but I ran and left her, she got shot and I got locked back up. Hope doesn't know. I'm to much of a coward to tell her. I don't want to be left alone...again.

•••••••••••••••

The door of my large cell bursts open and in comes two soldiers with a surgical bed and a table containing medical instruments, like a surgical knife, a drill and multiple huge syringes.

"It's your lucky day. You'll be getting some new neighbours." The guard said turning with a smirk.

I examine my new surroundings. "Lucky me. Let me guess...the sky people. Stealing there bonemarrow? Hadn't realised I was in the presence of 'The Marrow Theives'."

"Don't get smart with me!" He shouted, taking a step forward and punching me in the stomach then in the face.

"At least your friend over there can actaully throw a punch." I laughed

"Shut up!" He spat, punching my ribs.

It hurt a little but over time the pain lessons.

"Come on. Is that all you've got." I laughed, having nothing better to do other than annoy these stupid brats.

Looks like I hurt his feelings, as he punches my face over and over again, until the other guard stops him.

"Enough! Enough, we have more important things to do. You heard the president." The second guard said preventing the other one from reaching me.