|4|

It's been 3 months since I slaughter an entire bunker filled of innocent people. Men. Woman. Children. I see them when I sleep. In my nightmares they would each take turns cutting me with a knife, over and over again the pain unbearable.

I try not to sleep because of it. Plus, I watch over Hope as she rests since we're currently living in a cave. It's cold and dark, but the rain is kept out, so at least it isn't wet.

But the lack of structural protection is worrying as a couple of months back I was visiting a trading post and over heard some grounders asking around if they had seen me.

"𝑊𝑒'𝑟𝑒 𝑙𝑜𝑜𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑎 𝑤𝑜𝑚𝑎𝑛 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑙𝑜𝑛𝑔 𝑑𝑎𝑟𝑘 𝑏𝑟𝑜𝑤𝑛 ℎ𝑎𝑖𝑟 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑏𝑟𝑜𝑤𝑛 𝑒𝑦𝑒𝑠. 𝑆ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑏𝑒 𝑤𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑐𝑙𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑠 𝑓𝑟𝑜𝑚 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑚𝑜𝑢𝑛𝑡𝑎𝑖𝑛 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑠ℎ𝑒 𝑡𝑟𝑎𝑣𝑒𝑙𝑠 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑎 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑛𝑔 𝑔𝑖𝑟𝑙 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑟𝑒𝑑 ℎ𝑎𝑖𝑟."

Now, though. I have dark red hair that has been drenched in blood to disguise myself. The same with Hope only her hair is covered in mud making hers brown. We traded for some grounder clothes to blend in. But just to be safe we stay away from as many people as possible. Considering we're being hunted by everyone. The Sky people, Ice Nation and all the 12 clans.

We are currently hunting for tomorrow's meal as I hunt from the trees and Hope hunts from below. We are currently following the trails of a black panther.

We've been tracking the damn cat for hours now and eventually it stops just near a lake for some water. I jump on to the tree just above it and give Hope a nod letting her know that I'll handle this one like I always do. Since, I don't want her getting hurt.

I stare down at the black beast and as soon as it lifts its head from the water I jump on top of it and stab my knife right into its shoulder.

It roars out in pain, but doesn't die. I get up as it leaps at me using its giants claws to leave a nasty wound on my upper back.

I fall to the ground clutching my arm as the predator stalks towards me showing its sharp teeth and bright green eyes.

It goes to jump as I close me eyes, but all I hear is a loud screech. I instantly open my eyes to see the animal laying on the ground, blood pouring from it as Hope stands over it with a blood covered knife in hand and a shocked look.

I quickly go over to Hope and check if she's okay, which thankfully she is. We'll, physically anyways. "Hope. Are you okay?"

Hope just nods with wide eyes as she still can't peel them away from her kill.

"Hope. Look at me." I instruct and she does.

I place both my hands on her cheeks. "It's only an animal, okay. You had to do it. You saved me. It wasn't your fault, okay? Now, say it."

"I-it wasn't...wasn't m-my...fault." Hope stutters in shock, obviously not believing her own words.

"Again." I command

"It wasn't...my fault. It wasn't my fault." Hope says this time with a calmer look.

"Now, we have dinner." I say noticing Hope glancing at the animal. "Come on, we should get this to the trading post."

I wrap the animal up in the sheet we brought and lift it on to my shoulder, carrying it through the woods, as not a single word is uttered between the two.

I come to a halt and wait for the masked male grounder to leave the trading post, like I always do, before heading in with Hope. Trying our best to avoid eye contact with the female grounder with long blonde hair and green eyes.