Gathering

She wanted to slap herself, she ruined her plan to gain his trust by her own hands.

“Ofcourse, you're your father's daughter at the end of the day.” Khizr scoffed, glaring at Amal. “Tell me, for how long have you been eavesdropping?” Khizr gripped her arm, pulling her closer to intimidate her.

“I, only a few seconds” Amal responded, her gaze still lowered. Lying wasn't an option as it would only make things worse.

“I stand on my words but only on conditions–” Khizr's word's halted as his phone rang. “I'll deal with you later” Khizr said, after checking who was calling, and walked away.

Amal rolled her eyes at her words before staring into the hallway and let out a dejected sigh as she tried to find the room again.

– -
“What are you doing” Amal questioned when she saw the elderly woman put clothes in the closet, it seemed like men's clothing which raised Amal's eyebrows.

“Khizr told me to shift his clothes into this room” The women answered, Amal's frown deepened at her words, and she left the room, only to be back in a minute with another stack of clothing her hand.

“His room is next door, why are you shifting his clothes here?”

“We're only shifting his work and sleeping clothes here, the rest will remain in that room. He is your husband. If not in this room, where would he be?” The woman spoke with a stern look in monotone as she went into the walk-in closet. Amal just stood there confused with her mouth slightly open in shock of the event.

‘Anywhere but not here’ Amal said in her mind.

“He'll be here after the dinner.I'll tell Farah to serve you dinner here, you're not allowed to come downstairs so don't bother coming unless you are ready to face severe punishments for your actions.” The woman spoke once again as she came out of the walk-in closet , intimidating Amal before she left the room.

Amal sat on the bed contemplating her life, was she actually stuck here for the rest of her life? With that man, Khizr. She shook her head to remove these negative thoughts, and looked around trying to find something to write on.She searched the side table and found a small diary with some coloured gel pens. Even though she was confused as to why coloured gel pens were her, she was grateful that she found something.

Amal thought of possible ways to escape whether it was escaping once he allowed her out or when he went away, rational or irrational way, she mind mapped all of them in the diary. Amal halted in her plans when a thought crossed her mind, she couldn't run away without divorce. If she ran away without one, she won't be able to remarry and a happy successful marriage was something she really wanted especially after seeing her ustadha's family when young.

‘I stand on my words but only on conditions–’  Khizr's words came into her mind as she frowned. ‘Conditions?’ Amal thought to herself before questioning if she could put her own conditions.

Amal scoffed at herself for even thinking about it, ‘He'll throw you into that room again, you fool’ She called herself out.

Amal flinched when she heard the knock on the door, she looked around hysterically before throwing the diary behind the side table to keep it out of sight of others. ‘If he finds this, he'll kill me’ Amal thought to herself before making a mental note to hide the diary where it won't be found.

Farah entered the room with a tray filled with food,after Amal allowed her to enter, and placed it on the table before the sofa.

“Badr!” Yazid called out his son when he saw him get out of a room, rubbing his eyes to clear his view. Badr squinted and looked where the very familiar voice came from, before running in the arms of his father.Yazid kissed his forehead and sat him on his lap with a big smile on his face.