The Prisoner And The Message

York 

No one POV 

 The Saxons celebrate their victory although Heahmund still wonders why the rats are above ground. Below, the Vikings situate themselves to attack. They crawl from the sewers and engage the Saxons in battle.

Eleanor was riding with Alf and she shot an arrow at Heahmund knocking him down, and many were running. 

Eleanor pointed an arrow at Heahmund and another went to attack her from behind, and Eleanor seeing it coming, took out a dagger and stabbed him. 

Heahmund said "You knew the move he was going to make" and Eleanor said "I did, comes in handy." 

Heahmund said "I knew something was wrong" and Eleanor said "Good for you, not able to stop it, so why does it matter?". 

Heahmund went to run away and Eleanor took out another arrow and pointed at him with her bow and Eleanor said "Do not move." 

Heahmund said "I will not be afraid of a little girl, you are not strong, doing so goes against who you are." 

Eleanor smiled and shot the arrow at his horse killing it and Eleanor said "Still think I am weak, go ahead try me, but the horse is not going to be the thing I shoot." 

Heahmund looked over at her and Ivar came forward and said "Do not kill him, sister, I need him alive."

Eleanor said "Really?" and Ivar said "You know he's not meant to die, He will be useful to our cause." 

Eleanor looked over and lowered her bow and said "It's your lucky day, Christian" and she grabbed him and said "Move." 

Later

Eleanor was touching some of the blood and focused and saw the Saxon army in pieces leaving their camp. 

Ivar said "And what did you see?" and Eleanor said "Let me focus." 

Eleanor looked up and said "The Saxon army, or what remains of it, has abandoned their camp and left." 

Ivar said "Where is it, we should pursue them" and Eleanor said "Brother, I am not a map, not an answer to all your questions, this is not how visions work, I get little by little." 

Ivar said "but the knowledge is there, you just need to push a little more, make sure bad things do not happen, Control it more before it control you." 

Eleanor said "You do realize I killed a lot of Saxons soldiers, every move they made I knew it before they did it, I can control my abilities. And if you keep hovering, I am going to go mad." 

Hvitserk smiled and Eleanor said "We have more important things to do than fighting a broken army" and Hvitserk said "Our sister is right, We must look to Kattegat. What if Ubbe kills Lagertha, or persuades her to crown him king? The loss of our home base would be a devastating blow. We need to sort things out. We must kill Ubbe and Lagertha, and you must be crowned king of Kattegat, before Bjorn returns." 

Eleanor looked up at him and Ivar said "You are making more and more sense, my brother. Good man. I remember also that King Harald has an ambition of invading Kattegat. In the short term... we should make an alliance and work with him." 

Eleanor said "What about Ubbe?" and Hvitserk said "He must die, he works with our mother's murderer." 

Eleanor said "He's our brother, he's gone far I can" and Ivar said "he's betrayed us, do you not think that what Lagertha did, is do you not miss mother." 

Eleanor said "Of course I miss mother, that's not what I meant, I mean that" and Ivar cut her off and said "This time we will truly quit York, though leaving a big enough garrison to keep it safe until our return."