Chapter 10

After a few minutes, Caden departs and the rest of us make the short trek towards Isabelle and Nathaniel's home. I wiggle my way out of Braxton's grip almost immediately. I say almost because although I started trying right away, it took quite a lot of effort to get his muscular arms off of me.

Once I'm free, I take several steps to the side, closer to Natalie. Out of all of these people, she is definitely the one that I feel the most comfortable around. I notice Braxton stare at me with annoyance clearly written on his face. He looks like he wants to say something, but then he sighs, looking away with a clenched jaw.

"Are you okay?" Natalie asks under her breath, so no one else around us can hear. A few seconds ago, Asher made his way over to Braxton, so we're a solid ten feet away from anyone else.

"I guess," I tell her honestly. I really don't know what to make of everything right now. At this point, I just want to get this dinner over with, so that way Braxton will tell me everything. Hopefully. For all I know, he could just be lying to my face.

When we get to Nathaniel and Isabelle's home, Asher opens the door, not bothering to knock or anything. It surprises me that they left their front door unlocked. Clearly this community is close. As I walk into the house, I'm really thinking that I may be stuck with a crazy cult. It totally makes sense!

"Hi," Isabelle greets us, once we're all standing in the entryway. She makes eye contact with us all, to be polite, but I do notice that her gaze stays on me for several seconds longer than anyone else. "The food's almost ready, we can sit down."

Braxton nods at her words, and she leads us all into a nice dining room. Everyone sits down quickly, which is different then I am used to. When I go out, whether it's with friends or family, there's always a moment where we have to figure out who is going to sit where. However, these people seem to already know.

I'm the last one standing, with the only open spots at one head of the table, or next to Braxton (who is at the head of the table at the other end.) Honestly, I don't really want to sit by Braxton, but I also don't want to be at the head of the table. I also assume that that spot is reserved for Nathaniel. So, I quietly take a seat across from Asher and next to Braxton.

Silently, I wonder why Braxton took the head of the table. It's not his house, shouldn't Isabelle be at the head of the table that Nathaniel isn't at?

"How would you like your steak cooked, Brynlee?" Isabelle voice cuts through the silence.

"Um... medium rare," I tell her. In my head I'm thanking god that we're eating steak, because it's literally my favorite food.

She nods, smiling at me, before standing and walking off towards what I assume is the kitchen.

"Here's your credit card," Natalie says once Isabelle is out of sight. She pulls the gold credit card that we probably took thousands of dollars off of out of her pocket and passes it down to Braxton.

He nods his thanks before setting his blue eyes on me. "Did you buy everything that you wanted?" he asks me.

Not going to lie, this is one of the first times I'm really noticing how attractive Braxton's voice is. It's deep and alluring, and just exudes power. I swallow, hopefully discretely, and nod. "Yeah. It's all in Garrett and Noah's car still."

"I'll have it brought by our home so you'll be able to wear whatever you want tomorrow," Braxton responds.

"Thank you," I say, out of habit, but I'm not sure I really need to thank a guy who kidnapped me, even though he did let me buy a bunch of stuff.

I'm glad he didn't mention or ask us how much we spent. I'm sure he'd be pissed to know how much of his money we wasted on clothes, shoes and jewelry.