𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟒:𝓛𝓮𝓽𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓰𝓸

The sun was setting when Satang got home with Avery and Amara.

When I opened the door, I was surprised to see Satang carrying Amara who was sleeping soundly on his shoulder, while his other hand was holding many paper bags.

I gently took Amara from Satang so as not to disturb her sleep and Avery came straight in looking tired and sleepy.

I was even more wondered when Satang was approached by two staff in condominium and pushing the hotel's trolley luggage cart.

"Just put it here." Satang ordered them when he pointed to the wall near my door.

"What is that?" I stammered.

"Kid's toys."

I was shocked after what I heard, "Huh!!"

"What's that? Appliances. Washing machine. Refrigerator?" I overact.

"You don't want me to spoil you, do you? So, I just did it to them." He said, "And one more thing, I'll treat them to that before I leave." he smiled at me sparingly.

After the staff left, Satan put the big boxes inside one by one and I laid Amara on the bed so she could rest straight away.

"Finished." Satang answered when he put down the last box, "I'll go first... I'll pack more clothes."

He came to me and hugged me very tightly but only for a moment and turned his back on me, he walked towards the door without making any sounds.

"Shit, wait." I called him and he stopped, "Can I talk to you?" My cracked voice, I ask.

The two of us hung out on the rooftop of the hotel and our eyes looked far away, we both sat on the bench and the silence was almost deafening as if we were just waiting to see who would speak first.

I sigh, "What time is your flight."

He looked at his watch and said, "10 p.m."

I immediately checked the clock on my phone screen and saw 8 p.m.

"Are you really leaving?" I said hoarsely.

He didn't answer, but he gave me his phone and my hands were shaking as I looked at the picture of the ticket he booked on the screen, which made my chest ache.

"Why are you leaving?" My voice cracked.

"My mom needs me." He replied that I was not convinced, "And one more thing, there is no reason for me to stay here. My life is really in Canada, not here."

"How about your club? Who will manage it, if you are not there?" I was asked, I was looking for a reason for him not to leave.

"I have hired a manager, he will take care of my club." That's the reason for me.

He turned to her and smiled, "besides... I might get hurt even more if I stay here."

My eyebrows meet in confusion, "It will hurt? Why?"

"Last night I came here to make amends with you, so we can fix ours. But Dunk said you leave to go see your mom." His voice cracked.

I got used to what he said so I hinted, I held his hand... But he slipped and rejected my hand.

"Yes." His voice was hoarse, "I-I saw- I saw how you let someone kiss you."

"Satang- n-no..." My voice was weak, I tried to explain.

"It's okay, Fourth. It's not your fault, so don't be sorry. If I hadn't assumed that you could love me, I wouldn't have been hurt like this. I should be the one to apologize, because I was the only one eho expected that we feel the same." He accepted it.