Bye Bye Blue Hair

1995

Natasha knew her time in Ohio was drawing to an end. She savoured every minute. Every minute she spent with you and Yelena, listening to music, playing, being a kid.

On the fateful day, She rode her bike alongside yours as you went home from school. You waved to some friends and you both quickly hopped off your bikes once you got to Nat's house. You walked around the house, holding hands with Nat as you search around for a certain blonde six year old.

Nat whistles as a secret code between the three of you. You whistle soon after and then a quieter whistle follows.

You watch as Yelena gets off of a swing set and get into a backbend. It had improved a lot over the three years but inevitably Natasha's was the best out of all three of you.

"We're all upside down!" Yelena says happily as she tries her hardest to stay up. You and Nat smiled at the familiarity of her words. 

"And I bet you're gonna fall down first." Nat teases with a smile as she looks at her younger sister.

"No you will!" You say, looking at Nat, as you wanted Lena on your side. 

"You can't hold it much longer!" Yelena says to Natasha but Natasha decides to make funny faces to distract Yelena so she would fall.

It worked, Lena fell with a sad grunt and the two older girls followed.

"Told you you'd fall down first! I told you! I told you!" Natasha says as she gets chased by Yelena and Y/n who decided to join Lena's team to annoy Natty.

Unfortunately, Lena trips over, her knee taking most of the impact from her fall.

"Mommy!" Lena cried out, Melina coming to the rescue as you and Nat comfort the six year old.

"What happened?" Melina says, taking her youngest daughter in her arms.

"She fell on her knee." Nat says and you nod your head.

"Oh you bumped your knee? Kiss it better, there we go." Melina kisses Lena's soft skin as you and Nat move over to the swings to give them privacy.

"Shhh. Oh, come on, little one. Get up, you're okay." Melina says comfortingly and the two stand and walk over to the swing set.

"Come on, you're a brave girl. Your pain only makes you stronger." Melina looks over to her eldest daughter and her best friend.

"Alright, you two?" You both say a quick 'yes' but can't say much more before Yelena gets distracted.

"Look! Forest stars." Yelena says, wide eyed at the small, flying creatures.

"Yeah. You know what? Those are actually a part of the lampyridae family. And the glow, the glow that you see, that comes from a chemical reaction called bioluminescence." Melina explain making everyone look around at the fireflies.

"Come on, time for dinner." She says making all three kids begin to walk inside.

"Bio-goomin-feasants?" Yelna says perplexed. You smile at her attempt.

"Bio-goomin-feasants. That's right." Melina says, equally as amused. Once you all step foot into the house Yelena immediately says, "I want mac and cheese."

"Oh you want mac and cheese? Well I want... caviar and champagne." The sentence makes you giggle as you drag Nat to the kitchen.

You help Melina bring food to the table and Yelena grabs the napkins. Nat grabs some ranch dressing for Alexei and they all place it on the table.