The Scars That Can't Heal

PLEASE READ: I know it says weekly updates but it's been hard for me to do that right now because my schedule's changed since Love On-Screen // Elizabeth Olsen. I'm really sorry! Also I've been wondering if anyone would want to co write this book with me. If you're interested, don't be afraid to message! 

2008

Natasha's medical examination went pretty well, Nat managed to be cleared for field work despite all of her many injuries. 

Finally, there was a psych test. Then again, it was basically  a glorified therapy session but still.

You were the most worried about this one and with Natasha's injuries, your head was swimming with concern. 

You trusted Natasha. You hoped she trusted you back. 

Currently, you and Fury were standing, watching Natasha and a psychologist/therapist talk behind a one way mirror. Natasha was hooked up to Shield's best lie detector.

"Hi there Natasha. I'm Dr Grey, may I ask you some questions?" The psychologist was a friendly looking woman and made her voice gentle for Nat. Natasha nodded with a skeptical look. 

"Where are you from?" Dr Grey started off simply. 

"Russia." Natasha answers back simply. 

"What part of Russia?" Dr Grey asked, genuinely curious. 

"I wouldn't know." 

At that point, Fury looked at you with a slightly confused face. You shrugged. 

"What do you mean by that?" Dr Grey sounded puzzled. 

"The Red Room sedates every widow on entry and exit for maximum security." Nat says in her raspy voice. 

Fury mentally notes down the new information about the Red Room. 

"Well where you born?" 

"I'm not sure." Natasha replies. 

Dr Grey decides to change the topic. 

"What happened in Budapest?" 

"Y/n, she saved me. Helped me escape." 

"Y/n said the two of you just hopped on a jet. It couldn't have been that easy, escaping?" Dr Grey asks skeptically. 

Natasha stays oddly quiet. 

"Natasha?" Dr Grey says. 

"When... When Y/n was talking to the pirate guy," Natasha started, making Fury stare at you. 

"Pirate guy? Really, Y/l/n?" 

You tried to hide your laughter but also your worry because you knew what you had missed. You'd specifically didn't tell Fury that you blew up a building with a child in it. Dreykov's daughter was collateral damage but the guilt seemed to be evenly bad between the both of you. 

"Y/n skipped over something... we um..." Natasha sounded very hesitant. 

"You don't have to say anything you don't want to. This is a safe space." Dr Grey reminded.